GoldWing Rental in Austria

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

GoldWing Rental in Austria

Postby cbx4evr » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:02 am

Thought I would pass this info along as I received it at a local level.

Dear Goldwing friends,
with this mail we want to give you the information, that we start with our Goldwing rental in spring 2016 .
We offer our Wings for experienced motorcycle drivers.

You can find our offer under

It would be a great pleasure for us, if you spread out this homepage adress to all your Goldwing- and motorcycle friends

Best regards
Arno and Margit

"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

Motorcycle: 2014 Goldwing 1800/A

Re: GoldWing Rental in Austria

Postby Harp » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks! Me & the Mrs. are heading to Bavaria & Austria this summer. Going 4 days prior to hopping on a river cruise. I can't think of a better way to see the Alps!!!

Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Don't know anything about the rental company! But if you ever get the chance to go to Europe and rent a bike and ride, DO IT!

The wife and I had the opportunity back in 2004 and it was great. We were part of a tour that started in London, Ace Café, and on to France, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Italy. We rode a number of passes to include the famous Stelvio, but the real highlight was the small towns we visited and stayed in. We met some great people, ate some absolutely fantastic food, and rode some great roads. I think the highlight for me was the day and riding laps at Nuremburg Ring where some of greats have raced. I had watched tv clips of the races, movies that featured the track and even ridden in on video machines and never expected to do it for real.

We even ate lunch at a Mcdonalds one day to see what was different---not much. We stayed at one hotel that had its own trout fishery and you could have what you caught served for dinner. Most dinners were outside and in fact at that hotel we ate dinner with a gentleman named Franz who was born raised and lived all of his live in Germany except that period during WWII when he was interned at Auschwitz. He had some horrible memories.

If you can find a way to take such a trip do it, right now the euro and Dollar are looking pretty good so next summer might be a great time.
Our tour was put together by a group belonging to a website like this and a suggestion one year led to a trip the next year.
Ride Safe and Ride Often

Easy rider
Motorcycle: GL 1800 / 2013

Postby Easy rider » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Harp wrote:I can't think of a better way to see the Alps!!!

Believe me, Alps are the most beautifull ride which you can do in EU.
Here there are some usefull links for info. I am sure you are going to be busy overnight now :mrgreen: :

Alpenpässe, Schotterpisten und andere Ziele
European Alps
Berge und pässe der Alpen
Biker Betten
Das Alpenportal
Rennrad - Pässe - Touren
The Alps, passes and great roads
Moto Alps
Motorradurlaub in den Alpen

For hotel booking in EU, the most popular is site. Just hit the place and a lot of opportunities pop up, can be sorted by price, distance etc. A lot of photos and reviews is available as well. All working with credit cards. No cash needed.
Riding through the Alps is the best on end of June & July. Have to carefully check forecast ( because it is very often foggy and raining. But if you hit a nice sunny ready for the drive of yr life !! You can find a lot of You Tube clips from Alps (hit : Stelvio, Alps, Grossglockner....), even with Goldwings. Also, there are a web cameras installed on the most of the popular passes, so you can see a part of yr next trip online as well.

Welcome to EU, wish you an unforgettable holiday & drive

Return to “Goldwing Chat”