Gremlins

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
waituntilthebeep
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800
Black and Silver
Previously:
1989 GL1500
Wineberry Red
'01 Shadow 750
DOUBLE DARK SIDE #1467 on Michelin Primacy and BT45

Gremlins

Postby waituntilthebeep » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:11 am

My 2012 has decided to let some gremlins out. For about a week, I had a hard time with shifting. Couldn't get it to downshift without a lot of effort... and force... and I couldn't go into 1st gear without shutting the engine down on a rare occasion. I was getting ready to get the bike in to the dealer to get it resolved and the bike decided that there wasn't going to be any issue to resolve. Instantly fixed. Then about 3 months later, I grabbed the clutch handle, pulled it in and tried to start the bike. Wouldn't crank or do anything unless I put it neutral. For two days, I had the same issue. Again, I was ready to get it in to the dealer for repair and Viola'... no issue. Bike has been doing great for awhile now but I am beginning to think my bike has dealer aversion. Like taking the cat to the vet. The main difference is that my Wing doesn't go hide under the bed.

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Re: Gremlins

Postby Big Blue UK » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:39 am

I would service the clutch and put the gremlins to bed, before they commandeer your Wing one day.

waituntilthebeep wrote:my Wing doesn't go hide under the bed.
PMSL
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

PastoT
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800 (107k)

Re: Gremlins

Postby PastoT » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:08 pm

+1 on the servicing your clutch. At this time of year if you have any water in your clutch fluid it might freezing, but either way it probably needs a flush and fill. Shouldn't be hard to do, my 02 takes me about 30 minutes and only a couple tools. At the same time you should lube the lever bushing and check the two clutch switches are neither unhooked or gummed up. You should still be able to access a clutch maintenance video at: http://www.angelridevideos.com/
Tom, in Mountain Home, Idaho
2002 GL1800 (Illusion Red) Non-ABS, 108k miles
Retired Air Force

"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

Return to “Goldwing Chat”