I got myself home in my little truck....

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

I got myself home in my little truck....

Postby littlebeaver » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:42 pm

A long time ago when I lived in Alabama I had to go fetch my nephew because he was running with gangs in San Antonio so I thought we could straighten his life out by actually caring for the boy... It was Sunday, I had a 85 Toyota pickup, well we were at a small gas station filling up and I noticed a leak of brake fluid under the driverside rear wheel, Oh dear, I blew out the brakes cylinder at that last sudden stop we had to make, Oh dear it's getting late, like many of you, I take my tools on a road trip, the auto places were closed, what the heck do I do, hummmm... I laid under the truck for a few minutes looking at the line and thinking... Just thinking.... :shock: :shock: Hummmmmm.....Then it hit me.... what if the bleeder bolt .....Well you know that T that's at the rear where one line goes to the left and one to the right, I removed the line that went to the bad cylinder and I looked at the hole, then smiled because I took off the bleeder bolt and it fit it, I then tightened it down and we bled the line of any air :lol: I made it home on 3 brakes.... Is that crazy or what....share your stories here please...I hope you enjoyed it,, My nephew was already learning stuff...lol :lol: :lol: It worked just fine all the way home didn't lose a drop of fluid.... :lol:

Aussie81Interstate
Motorcycle: 1982 CX500 Turbo (restoration project)
1981 GL1100 Interstate (sold)
1988 GL1500

Re: I got myself home in my little truck....

Postby Aussie81Interstate » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:27 am

Had something similar - except I didn't use a bolt - I cut the brake line and squashed the solid line flat - with a fold over here and a fold over there - plus some good solid whacks with a hammer - never leaked - and just replaced the whole solid line a week or two later.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:09 am

Aussie81Interstate wrote:Had something similar - except I didn't use a bolt - I cut the brake line and squashed the solid line flat - with a fold over here and a fold over there - plus some good solid whacks with a hammer - never leaked - and just replaced the whole solid line a week or two later.

I did something similar on a friend's old Volvo that was going through almost as much brake fluid as it was gas. The left rear brake was leaking like a sieve. I cut the brake line, folded it over twice, then took a pair of small vice grips and locked it down tight on the folded part. Zip-tied the vice grips in place and called it good. She sold it shortly after that.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Ha haha I knew others did this type of thing, I considered the crimp thing at first but then I saw the fitting at the T and the light bulb went on....

Return to “Goldwing Chat”