A Great Big Thank You To WingAdmin

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
patbrandon1
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 I
1981 Honda CM400C

A Great Big Thank You To WingAdmin

Postby patbrandon1 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:52 pm

When I saw that WingAdmin had posted 15,618 items on here, I just HAD to say Thank You!

From all the How-To-Articles, the Great Monthly Newsletters, replies to questions answered with class, never belittling anyone for not knowing, and the massive amount of time he must spend on making this site the BEST on the internet, you deserve something special.

One thought that occurred to me is that maybe in the Summer, those that are within riding distance could find a park near his hometown and throw him a big cookout party. Or buy him a Lamborghini. :o

If anyone is interested in a party, give me a holler. I'm not the best organizer, but collectively, we could do something good.

I kinda know WingAdmin is a modest man, and would be the first to thank everyone else that so freely gives of their time and knowledge. So let me also thank all the friendly, kind people that have contributed to the high quality of this site.

On a personal note, WingAdmin has inspired me to be a better person. Having been a member of this site for a few years, I have been blessed to watch a real quality man share his time and wisdom with others freely, and with class. That has encouraged me to try to do the same in my life, and I truly thank you for that. Paying it forward works. The world could use a bit more of that and thanks for inspiring me to so.

May God bless you and your family this New Year with much happiness, love and prosperity.

Sincerely,
Patrick Brandon
Bay City, Michigan

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Re: A Great Big Thank You To WingAdmin

Postby brettchallenger » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:37 am

Can't agree more. Hear, Hear.
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:34 am

Wow....those are some very kind words, I'm honored.

I didn't win the Powerball last night, so I doubt I could afford the insurance on that Lamborghini, unfortunately. :)

I like the cookout idea!

RFW&LMW
Motorcycle: 1995 Goldwing 1500 SE/1971 CB750 sold/ 1963 BSA 650 Gold Star Twin,/
1958 BSA 650 Golden Flash, both bikes long gone way in the past.

Postby RFW&LMW » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:39 am

Very well said Pat Brandon1 & so very true & I'm sure everyone agrees.
THE GRISWALDS

urbanmadness
Motorcycle: 1982 Gl1100A Aspencade *sold
1989 GL1500 Aspencade

Postby urbanmadness » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:16 am

WingAdmin wrote:
I didn't win the Powerball last night, so I doubt I could afford the insurance on that Lamborghini, unfortunately. :)

Yeah, my retirement "investment" didn't work out last night, either. If I lived closer, I would attend, but I'm in California.

If I won, I don't think I'd buy Scott a Lambo, but it would be interesting to help fund the raffle a time or two.... Like maybe a FB6 (after Scott Reviews it of course)

Mrs. WingAdmin
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast
1998 Yahama XV250 Virago

Postby Mrs. WingAdmin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:22 pm

First of all, I cannot tell you how much your post touched both of us. I am inspired by him to be a better person every day, and I love when people see and appreciate his kindness, helpfulness, and caring generosity.

TODAY WingAdmin is turning 47, and I'd like to officially post a birthday message to my wonderful husband. He's my best friend, and my favorite person. I love you sweetie! Happy Birthday! He ages BEAUTIFULLY, btw, I'm so lucky to share my life with such a handsome man. (I hope I'm aging half as well.)

I'd also like to suggest a possible meeting up this summer on the northern part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We've been taking about going for years, but haven't been able to make it a priory. This July we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, and meeting, riding, hiking, laughing, etc in that beautiful setting with even a few of you would be an absolute joy!!! (Not to mention an extra kick in the but to make it happen!) I always say the more the merrier! Thank you for even suggesting it. YOU Goldwingdocs members are the BEST!!!
(((((((MUAH)))))))

Mrs. WingAdmin
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast
1998 Yahama XV250 Virago

Postby Mrs. WingAdmin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Forgive all my spelling errors, I'm typing on my phone!

dennislp
Motorcycle: 90 1500 se

Postby dennislp » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:55 pm

have a good day. if you have a meet up there you might be amazed at the number of people that will show up for me it would depend on elevation my lungs are shot. have a great birthday

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby OldZX11Rider » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Being a relatively new member (last November) got to say I thought this was the best site for information on Goldwings I was interested in.
It wasn't a difficult choice when I decided to join. I appreciate all the information a needie newby (new to 1500's) has found here.
Thank you WingAdmin! :D
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

spiralout
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 (gone)
1980 GL1100I (with '77 1000 engine)
1996 GL1500 SE

Postby spiralout » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:49 pm

patbrandon1 wrote: throw him a big cookout party. Or buy him a Lamborghini. :o

Definitely the party. He already gets to ride in his buddy's Ferraris :jealous:

Return to “Goldwing Chat”