Flip Flops - Warning, graphic imagery

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Harp
Motorcycle: 2014 Goldwing 1800/A

Flip Flops - Warning, graphic imagery

Postby Harp » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:48 am

A old ED friend sent this to me. She hates MCs and think anyone that rides them is crazy. I've explained to her about ATGATT. She still considers crash victims without helmets to be natural selection.
Attachments
Feet
Feet

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Re: Flip Flops

Postby OldZX11Rider » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:33 pm

:o. A picture really is worth a thousand words! :o
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby RoadRogue » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:53 pm

That will make your sphincter pucker up........ 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Postby brettchallenger » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:22 am

Yes, point made admirably, but it might be wiser if using images such as this, to simply provide a link with a warning about the graphic nature of what you are about to see.
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous-(2018 cannonball scoot)

Postby minimac » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:58 am

Just see it once, in real life, and you'll be cured. A friend-wearing sneakers- looked similar to that, and almost lost a foot. Since seeing an old biker with half of his face ground off and a dab of skin for a nose, I threw out my open faced helmets. I couldn't imagine going through the rest of my life with a face disfigured like he had. Road rash makes it sound like a little boo boo, it isn't.

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:50 am

Maybe I'm just being gruesome but I'd like to know the story behind this.
Okay, he was riding with flip flops and crashed. How? Maybe I'm just curious that way.
Tried looking it up and I ended up at a site called "Tumblur" or "Tumbler" something like that, but I didn't want to try and install it on my phone.
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:35 am

WARNING: If you are squeamish, don't read further.

This image is a very good demonstration of the result of "degloving" - basically, the skin is pulled right off. Think of the skin over the foot being the glove, and it being physically ripped off. What remains is what you see there. There appears to be some abrasion damage as well, but the majority of the damage is from the degloving.

The foot could probably be saved, with many months of expensive, painful skin grafts, but it will never function correctly again, will be painful for the rest of his life, and it may end up failing altogether, requiring amputation. If this was my foot, I would just have it amputated and start on the healing and physio.

OldZX11Rider

Re: Flip Flops - Warning, graphic imagery

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:12 am

I agree with you in that If that was my foot, I'd say amputate. Get the healing over and fit the prosthetic.
Many years ago one of my uncles was riding a Brit bike, BSA, Triumph, Norton, one of those. A car ran a stop sign and T-boned him. Broke his right leg below the knee.
At the hospital they put a cast on it and he ended up getting gangrene. Leg was amputated below the knee. It was just a hiccup in his life.
Didn't stop him from doing anything. He rode motorcycles, hunted, fished, ran his backhoe, and water skied in the summer. He'd take his leg off and ski on one leg.
At parties he'd entertain people that didn't know him. He'd say there was a spot on his leg with no feeling in it. Then he'd carefully probe for the spot with a long needle, then slide it right through the hole in his "wooden" leg.
Got a lot of gasps from the women and laughs from everyone that knew him.
Uncle Kenneth is gone now but I'll never forget him.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Flip Flops - Warning, graphic imagery

Postby themainviking » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:15 pm

+2 on the just amputate and get it over with. I have a pretty good road rash scar on one forearm from a pavement slide, that took seven months to heal, with silver sulfadiazine, which grows tissue back on severe burns. I say grows tissue, because it is not good healthy tissue like skin. It is sensitive, and easily injured, scraped and sunburned. I, fool that I was at the time, refused to have a skin graft from my butt to my arm. So, I live with the result, and have to wear a "sock" on the arm if partaking of nature. This was right through a full hide leather jacket, so boots might not have saved that poor guy from injury, but would have mitigated somewhat. I know, I would have lost the arm if not for the jacket. I will not ride without protective gear.

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “Goldwing Chat”