bee/hornet in shirt

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
gypsy traveler
Motorcycle: 99 Goldwing se

bee/hornet in shirt

Postby gypsy traveler » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 am

I m pretty sure we've all had a bee in our clothes...I usually squish that sucker with my hand right through my shirt...a honey bee can only sting once, a hornet can continue to sting! In 02 I spotted a 2-3'' long hornet in NC. Its called a JAPANESE GIANT HORNET...check it out on you utube they have been found as far north as Bollingbrook Ill...aggressive with a 1/4'' stinger..they dont leave welts...they develop infected holes!... SHIVVERRR! I HOPE THE NIGHTMARE HORNET GOES AWAY...but they wont...!!!they are NASTY!!! GOOD LUCK!---ANDY---

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: bee/hornet in shirt

Postby Mag » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:09 am

Aren't you a little "ray of sunshine" on that subject. ;)

I got stung riding through Sacramento valley, had my wind wings open and I believe the bugger moved through that and "ZOOP" right up to me. Unfortunately I am one that is allergic to bee stings, but was lucky, after I panicked and pulled over, after slapping myself where I felt the sting, it was a yellow jacket (whew!!!).

golden highway
Motorcycle: 1987 Interstate
1998 Aspencade

Postby golden highway » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:58 pm

I had one go down my shirt. It stung me 4 times before I could get stopped a get my shirt off. I tired to kill it through my jacket and shirt but couldn't. I keep my jacket a little tighter around the neck area now. I don't even want go think about having one of these in my shirt

Pam
Motorcycle: 1982 Kawazaki KZ 1100 1983 Yamaha Venture Royal (sold and miss it) 2006 Goldwing GL1800 1992 Yamaha Virago

Postby Pam » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:23 am

Got a dragon fly in the lip once, Snapped my head back so bad the wife asked what happened when we stopped

f1xrupr
Motorcycle: 1980 gl 1100 Std. Vetter

Postby f1xrupr » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:05 pm

I was about 17 years old on a suzuki 250 two stroke street bike going about 90mph-had to lay flat forward to get up to that speed-cool weather-no wind screen-had on my favorite flight jacket-a yellow jacket went in my collar, all the way down to my belt line right in the center of my lower back-shirt tucked in- got me about 4 times before I could stop. That's one of the fastest stops I've ever made!
My exercise bike is a goldwing.

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Postby Big Blue UK » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:22 pm

golden highway wrote:I keep my jacket a little tighter around the neck area now. I don't even want go think about having one of these in my shirt

Me too. Had bugs, but nothing that stings.

gypsy traveler wrote:I usually squish that sucker with my hand right through my shirt...

Sod that.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

gypsy traveler

Postby gypsy traveler » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:36 am

We ALL hate those stinging /biting/crawling/SOBs in our clothes...problem is....WE ALWAYS expect the worst...and deservedly so! [who knows whats in there!] its like defensive driving...hopefully it NEVER creates an incident [hopefully only just a sting] Bald faced hornets [at least in WI] aren't pretty either!

keithg64
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 Pearl Coranado Blue

Postby keithg64 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 pm

I had a bee fly into my helmet via the windshield vent. I pulled over the side if the road, didn't hear anything but thinking he was still there. As I was pulling my helmet off I started to hear this buzzz. When the helmet came off he was in there and flew out and away. Bwahaha.
It's not what you buy, it's what you build.

wally
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Postby wally » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Back in my Navy days (66-70) I was riding my 350 Honda scrambler through the Sacramento Valley trying to see how fast it would go, got close to 90 when a bumble bee hit me in the chest, that felt like I was hit with a rock!

kwild
Motorcycle: 84 Standard
85 Aspencade

Postby kwild » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Stinging bugs + velocity = increased creative vocabulary.
84 Standard
85 Aspencade

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby OldZX11Rider » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Hahaha hahaha!!! Yeah, a colorful vocabulary and prayers that can't be ignored! :lol:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Solina Dave
Motorcycle: 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (bought in fall of '77)
!977 Honda CB550F (my 1st motorcycle)

Postby Solina Dave » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:47 am

Thirty-eight years of riding, and I've never been stung. Lucky for sure that hasn't happened.
But I did have another encounter with an insect. I had always worn safety glasses with my open-faced helmet, and been tucked in behind a windscreen. On one occasion though, and I'll never understand why, I failed to put on my glasses before riding one night. I was on a major highway at about 70 mph., and a June bug managed to get in past the windscreen and hit me right in the eye. I really think that it knocked me out for a couple of seconds, but I managed to get the bike pulled over. I had a pretty good black eye for a week or so. Better a black eye, than no eye.

Always protect your eyes............................Dave
"Assume Nothing"

gypsy traveler

Postby gypsy traveler » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 am

The story behind that hornet is this......I was standing in the shade at a rafting place, and out of the corner of my eye I see something fly by...Suddenly something else flys by and tackles that sucker out of the sky!....Now I'm nosey about nature so I mosey over to see what's happening! So I'm bent over a little bit...checkin' out one of those big black cicadas getting stung by a GIANT hornet! I hear a southern male voice say over my shoulder...''at there's a Chinese hornet'' Well that hornet picked up that cicada and flew off with it before I even had a chance to stomp it! Must have been hungry! lol!
This was on 05...a utube article dated 2013 states that they have been found as far north as Bollingbrook ILL.

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby OldZX11Rider » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 am

Been stung a few times while riding and once I was stung or bitten by something that left a welt.
Those were bad enough but the worst, at least to me, was getting a big old bug in the helmet. :o
Having something in there with you, squirming around, expecting to get bit or stung any moment, not knowing what it is, trying to get stopped and get that helmet off, pucker factor pegging out, well, it's probably why windshields for motorcycles were first made.
A windshield doesn't stop all of them, only the most devious get through! :lol:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Maz
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000K1
1976 CB500T
1979 CB750L
1990 Yamaha FJ1200

Postby Maz » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:15 am

Following a friend at about 65mph last summer. Nice straight country road.....pigeon flies out of the undergrowth and hits him square in the chest! All I saw from behind was a cloud of feathers, brake light and a violently squirming bike! We pulled over and he was badly winded but ok. I hate riding past any wildlife now!

Maz
Nostalgia is not what it used to be!

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:48 am

Maz wrote:Following a friend at about 65mph last summer. Nice straight country road.....pigeon flies out of the undergrowth and hits him square in the chest! All I saw from behind was a cloud of feathers, brake light and a violently squirming bike! We pulled over and he was badly winded but ok. I hate riding past any wildlife now!

Maz

Wow, and we have geese up here....I better duck.

Solina Dave
Motorcycle: 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (bought in fall of '77)
!977 Honda CB550F (my 1st motorcycle)

Postby Solina Dave » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:33 am

Mag wrote:
Maz wrote:Following a friend at about 65mph last summer. Nice straight country road.....pigeon flies out of the undergrowth and hits him square in the chest! All I saw from behind was a cloud of feathers, brake light and a violently squirming bike! We pulled over and he was badly winded but ok. I hate riding past any wildlife now!

Maz

Wow, and we have geese up here....I better duck.

Ha! Ha! Ha!...........You quack me up!

"Assume Nothing"

Return to “Goldwing Chat”