AGM YUASA battery- Canada

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
tbeiler
Motorcycle: 1986 Goldwing Aspencade,
1985 Goldwing LTD
1983 CX650 Turbo

AGM YUASA battery- Canada

Postby tbeiler » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Hey Guys, just passing on some info in case anyone is looking for a YUASA battery in Canada.
I checked every battery place around and the minimum for this battery was 160 CAN plus 13% (in Ontario) taxes on top.
I found the Canadian distributor for the YUASA brand, they are located in Saskatchewan.
By ordering the battery online with free shipping anywhere in Canada, the same battery cost 129.50 base and 146.34 taxes in.
Battery was delivered to my door within 4 days of ordering.

Part number for the battery, YTX24-HL-BS.
Website http://yuasabattery.ca/motorcycle/

Our US brothers can also order this battery, same part number as above, online in the US from YUASA America, but not sure about the online prices compared to retail.

bigbird1
Motorcycle: 2013 F6B, black with ABS

Re: AGM YUASA battery- Canada

Postby bigbird1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:46 pm

I don't think that company is any way, shape, or form, the "official" distributor of Yuasa batteries in Canada.

The big parts wholesalers, like Kimpex, Motovan, Thibault, etc, are the distributors.

BTW, that Regina company doesn't even list the "official" Yuasa battery for the current Goldwings, the GYZ20L, as even available.
And he's not even listed by the parent US company as a Yuasa dealer in Regina, let alone a distributor.

Are those genuine Yuasa batteries he's selling?
I don't know.
Maybe they're knock-offs. Often, when a price seems too good to be true, it's because it is.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Those are not Yuasa batteries. They are knockoffs using Yuasa part numbers.

Here's what that site is selling as a YTZ14S, for instance:

Here's what a real Yuasa YTZ14S looks like:

They are selling "Motocross" brand batteries, whatever that is. They do have genuine Yuasa batteries on the site, but not for motorcycles - they look like batteries for alarm systems, UPS units and so on.

bigbird1

Postby bigbird1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:25 pm

If you think you got a good deal on that battery, here's the same one for sale in Winnipeg for $109.50

http://www.manitobabattery.com/winnipeg ... ce_342.htm

tbeiler
1985 Goldwing LTD
1983 CX650 Turbo

Postby tbeiler » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Well Guys, not sure if Ive been had, but the battery is made in the USA in Reading ,PA, which is where YUASA has a facility to manufacture batteries.
So not sure of the difference in labelling, but I am willing to bet this battery is made by YUASA.
Since I've got it , Ill give it a try and give an update if things go sour.
So, yes, maybe the battery is slightly cheaper than what I paid, but dont forget to calculate additional tax of 13% here in Ontario and perhaps shipping on that 109 price, my price had shipping included in the base of 129.
Live an Learn.

bigbird1

Postby bigbird1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:20 pm

My issue with this thread was your disseminating information that wasn't true.
Yes, that particular battery may very well be manufactured by Yuasa in Pennsylvania.
But it's not a genuine OEM Yuasa battery.
It doesn't look like an OEM Yuasa, and it isn't sold by Yuasa Canada.

Based on those incorrect statements, some may assume that you are promoting or advertising for that particular company in Regina.

My focus was not to rain on your parade, but to just point out that your statements should not be accepted as fact.
I hope the replacement battery you bought lasts longer than the original OEM. Then you will have indeed scored one for the consumer.

tbeiler
1985 Goldwing LTD
1983 CX650 Turbo

Postby tbeiler » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 am

Hey Man, the info I provided came from the sales guy that I went back and forth with by email over a number of days, so I passed on what was told to me.
My intention was to pass on a good deal to the rest of the membership. I am just joeblo goldwing owner who likes the forum and wanted to pass on a good deal to others who may be interested.
I am in no way affiliated with these guys.
No accusations please.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”