riding trousers

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: '84 Aspencade

riding trousers

Postby flash1942 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:06 am

Has any one tried or used the Firehose work trousers for riding gear? Good or bad?

Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500AC ASP
1999 Virago XV1100LC
1994 Time Out Camping Trailer

Re: riding trousers

Postby bstig60 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 pm

I haven't tried them, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. IMHO, a good pair of denim's will do just as well. I usually wear denim's and then leather chaps if its cold, or a good set of ski pants if its really cold. There are much better items out there than either of those if you are looking for some protection. It all depends on what you want.....

Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous-(2018 cannonball scoot)

Re: riding trousers

Postby minimac » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:33 pm

I know of a lot of riders that use the 'firehose' pants and like them. They do offer a tiny bit -very tiny bit -of protection against abrasion, and MIGHT be marginally better than normal jeans.IMHO, neither offer any real protection. I think, as a minimum, the kevlar reinforced riding jeans should be worn. I have those and also a few pairs of Cortech riding pants. They are padded and kelvar reinforced. They also have hidden zippers so that once I get to where I'm going, they easily convert to shorts. I've seen what regular jeans look like after a lowside and it's not pretty. No one plans on going down, but "road rash" should really be called what it is- Abrasive Grinding away of your Flesh-and it's painful.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”