"Unresponsive Script" on this site with Firefox

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Bluewaterhooker0
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing GL 1500 SE

"Unresponsive Script" on this site with Firefox

Postby Bluewaterhooker0 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:39 am

WingAdmin,
Didn't know where to put this on the forum, so move it if there is a better place.
I've been having issues with this site on the Firefox browser for some time. This is the culprit.

When it pops up, the pages lock, and if they are again responsive, it will just pop up again. This has been an ongoing issue, sometimes better, sometimes worse. But, only on this site.
I found a solution on Firefox. Here is the link.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wa ... n-websites

If you go to the section on this page labeled:

Error happens when accessing certain websites

Follow the instructions, install the add-on to Firefox, find it in the "extensions" heading in the Add-Ons Manager, and add the basic forum address to the dialog box.

It's amazing. The site now runs 300% better than before I blocked the script from running (only on this site). Not only don't I get the errors anymore, but it is as if I have a new high speed connection when on this site.
This is no joke. Try it, if you are having problems like this when using Firefox (only).

EDIT: I just applied the same script blocker to another "well known" Goldwing website, and low and behold, it also runs like a bat out of hates. These Java Scripts are apparently a bit of a nuisance on some websites, and the sites don't seem to care whether it's running, or not.
Attachments

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: "Unresponsive Script" on this site with Firefox

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:59 am

Disabling Javascript for a site to make it run faster isn't really the best solution. Most sites (this one included) have extensive client-side Javascript in order to make them function. You will be able to make the pages render, but there are quite a few parts of the site (including this forum) that you will find simply don't work anymore, because they depend on Javascript.

If you press F12, then open the Performance tab and record a performance profile while loading the page, it will show you exactly what is taking too much time and timing out - that way, instead of fixing the problem with a shotgun, you can help us find exactly what the problem is, so we can excise it surgically. :)

Return to “Goldwing Chat”