Back on the road again

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
ka4yqi
Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE

Back on the road again

Postby ka4yqi » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:58 pm

Well not being able to ride the 1500 since Dec 18 of last year,I have been cleared to ride after the hip replacement. Sure was nice. The maiden voyage was 235 miles. Thought the hip would get sore, but it ended up being the knee got sore. Came up to Seymour Tennesse, we are going riding for the next couple of days. He picked up him a Harley softtail. Couldnt talk him out of it, but he is back on a motorcycle.

Steve

Happytrails
Motorcycle: 1991 Goldwing 1500 SE

Re: Back on the road again

Postby Happytrails » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:14 am

Good to hear your hip is doing good. Thats pretty quick to recover. As for your friend and the harley I get it. Owning a VTwin is sometimes something you just have to try. And some people just love owning a harley. The new rushmore bikes are very nice although very expensive too. Everythings so expensive!!
1991 GL1500 SE Anniversary Edition
Sun Flare Gold Metallic
Vallant Brown Inset

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous-(2018 cannonball scoot)

Postby minimac » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:38 am

Congrats on your successful surgery and recovery. How's it work swinging the leg over the seat getting on and off? After a few hours in the saddle, that's where I'm starting to have an issue.

ka4yqi

Postby ka4yqi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:43 am

Well it is Sunday morning and I am still in Seymour Tn. Our ride went great on friday and saturday. Friday started out not a good day, went to fire the goldwing while waiting on my son to get out of his meetings, it went click click. After he got here, we went battery hunting. I called Batteries + Bulbs, had 6 agms that fit the wing. They were charged and ready to go. So we got a slow start but still got in 125 miles in some of the pretty country. Even got up on the tail of the dragon, Foothills parkway, and other roads that went in and out of roads that lead into the smokey mountains. Saturday went well, about 150 mile of roads that were just beautiful.
Got to leave today to go home, woke up to the rain that we thought we would have got on saturday. I have to get out the rain suit that I only worn once. A lots of the time I dont start out in the rain, but finish in it. I wont melt or dont think so anyway.
The left hip has done great, like I sayed earlier that the left knee has been sore, but nothing I cant handle so far. Getting on and off the wing has always been a little problem lifting my right leg that high, but I get it done. Well hope to wait out the rain, but have to head home in a little. We see what happens.

Steve.

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Postby brettchallenger » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:17 pm

I've not really ridden since before Christmas, and I know that if was to do 235 miles on the first ride now, everything would hurt. So congratulations and best wishes for the rest of the riding season.
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

ka4yqi

Postby ka4yqi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Well made it home yesterday. Kept watch on the clouds, got into a few showers but nothing real heavy. Winds were bad enough sometime to make me ride a little sideways. Really enjoyed riding with my son, been a long time since we be able to do it together. I'll see if I can post a few pictures.

Steve
This was on the beginning of Tail of the Dragon
This was on the beginning of Tail of the Dragon

Return to “Goldwing Chat”