DIY Articales


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
RFW&LMW
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 am
Location: Brighton, Ontario, Canada/Back in the saddle!
Motorcycle: 1995 Goldwing 1500 SE/1971 CB750 sold/ 1963 BSA 650 Gold Star Twin,/
1958 BSA 650 Golden Flash, both bikes long gone way in the past.

DIY Articales

Postby RFW&LMW » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:06 am



Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download DIT Articles to my laptop so I can view them off line without having to print them out. I am at the age where I am not very computer savvy so keep it simple if it is possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Ride Safe:

Roy :?


THE GRISWALDS

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 17047
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: DIY Articales

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:18 am

RFW&LMW wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download DIT Articles to my laptop so I can view them off line without having to print them out. I am at the age where I am not very computer savvy so keep it simple if it is possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Ride Safe:

Roy :?


Most web browsers will do this for you. Here's a couple links:

http://lifehacker.com/5957617/how-to-sa ... cess-later

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/196646

User avatar
NVSB4
Posts: 1129
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: Arlington, Texas
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE
1992 GL1500I (sold)
1986 GL1200A (sold)
2002 HD FXDL Low Rider (sold)
1993 Yamaha Virago XV1000 (sold)
Too many others to list

Re: DIY Articales

Postby NVSB4 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 am

What I have done in the past is to highlight part of the article (sometimes I include the additional member comments), right click and choose "Print".
I then choose to print it to a PDF format, which saves it to my hard drive. If you don't have that option, there are free conversion programs that you can download as well.
At that point, I can either view it on the computer or print out the pages that I want to take to the garage with me.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Image

Image
Red=All bikes Blue=Wings

Chris

User avatar
brettchallenger
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Driffield, the East Riding of Yorkshire, England
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Re: DIY Articales

Postby brettchallenger » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:27 pm

If you use Firefox as your browser, you can use this Add-On https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... scrapbook/

It is a very simple, one click app which works well.
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

User avatar
RFW&LMW
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 am
Location: Brighton, Ontario, Canada/Back in the saddle!
Motorcycle: 1995 Goldwing 1500 SE/1971 CB750 sold/ 1963 BSA 650 Gold Star Twin,/
1958 BSA 650 Golden Flash, both bikes long gone way in the past.

DIY Articles

Postby RFW&LMW » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:31 pm

WingAdmin wrote:
RFW&LMW wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download DIT Articles to my laptop so I can view them off line without having to print them out. I am at the age where I am not very computer savvy so keep it simple if it is possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Ride Safe:

Roy :?


Most web browsers will do this for you. Here's a couple links:

http://lifehacker.com/5957617/how-to-sa ... cess-later

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/196646

Thanks for the help folks, I will give this a try.
THE GRISWALDS

User avatar
RFW&LMW
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 am
Location: Brighton, Ontario, Canada/Back in the saddle!
Motorcycle: 1995 Goldwing 1500 SE/1971 CB750 sold/ 1963 BSA 650 Gold Star Twin,/
1958 BSA 650 Golden Flash, both bikes long gone way in the past.

Re: DIY Articales

Postby RFW&LMW » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:33 pm

brettchallenger wrote:If you use Firefox as your browser, you can use this Add-On https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... scrapbook/

It is a very simple, one click app which works well.

Thanks for the input, will give it a try.


THE GRISWALDS


Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: waituntilthebeep and 5 guests