Music sideways upgrade

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Rapter
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200 IH INTERSTATE

Music sideways upgrade

Postby Rapter » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:34 am

Hi community, bought my GL1200I September and love having sounds to cruise to.
However the tape deck is not working and my dreams of listening to a box full of old tapes were shattered.
There is no way I am getting involved 'under the hood', this thing has about five miles of wiring due to the previous enthusiast and a light fetish.

Anyway it does have a handy 12v outlet and a buddy told me about this gizmo that works as a local FM transmitter that plugs right into the outlet.
I now have a little stash of old SD memory cards (the 1" ones) with music loaded on that fit right in this little thing and I just tune my radio to it (having set the gizmo to a frequency without a station) and they store hours of music on a single card.

Dunno if this is of any relevance to anybody, or if this is the right place to post it.
Don't really care .. I love it hahahah

Blessings all.

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous-(2018 cannonball scoot)

Re: Music sideways upgrade

Postby minimac » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:45 am

I use my 12v outlet to power an XM radio that's mounted to the windshield via suction cup. It's then plugged into an inexpensive bluetooth speaker that is mounted on the fake gastank with heavy duty velcro. No commercials, plenty of volume, a great variety of programs and/or tunes, and best of all, no ear buds!

Rapter
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200 IH INTERSTATE

Postby Rapter » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi minimac, thanks for the reply we have no XM service here in UK, (as far as I know).
However that sounds a useful item.

The benefits of this item is a USB memory stick, a MP3 or a SD memory card can be plugged in
and my own playlist is used. Weather it be dance, rock or worship I can choose the mood. The
on board stereo is still used so plenty of power in the sound. Its like my own little radio station.

We use a Bluetooth headset to communicate, no wires and it can be used to make sure I dont forget anything while I pay for gas.

Dont like the idea of ear buds, removes what is left of ambient noise.

Geofd
Motorcycle: 1986 gl 1200

Postby Geofd » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:05 pm

If you have an iPod you can plug your iPod charge for the car into that if you don't there is an iPod that does have fm radio on it I think it's a nano or shuffle
but if you want to store music on it there isn't much storage space another option is an in helmet speaker setup
I had one with fm on it just type in in helmet radios hope this helps

Return to “Goldwing Chat”