If...

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

If...

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:31 pm

I was just thinking IF it didn't take me so long to suck down a milkshake, I'd load up my wife and ride to Sonic for one of their after 8:00 half price milkshakes. :lol:
But I'd have to finish it there because I wouldn't want milkshakes splattered all over my Goldwing. :D
Then I thought what would you do IF? No big deals like world peace but what would you do, or be doing, now IF.
Like IF it was summer in Canada I'd be riding in Wyoming! IF. :D
Just for fun. :D

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

OldZX11Rider

Re: If...

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:34 pm

Just realized I should have started this under the Goldwing Chat thread. Don't know how to retract or move it. Sorry.
:roll:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

spiralout
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 (gone)
1980 GL1100I (with '77 1000 engine)
1996 GL1500 SE

Postby spiralout » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:16 am

OldZX11Rider wrote:But I'd have to finish it there because I wouldn't want milkshakes splattered all over my Goldwing. :D

Now, IF you had a cup holder you wouldn't have to. It is a Goldwing, after all. I have an extra if you need it. It just sits in the trunk right next to the cappuccino machine and Crown Royal decanter

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:32 am

I've got cup holders, I'm just messy. :lol:

dtrider
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800

Postby dtrider » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:16 am

spiralout wrote:Now, IF you had a cup holder you wouldn't have to. It is a Goldwing, after all. I have an extra if you need it. It just sits in the trunk right next to the cappuccino machine and Crown Royal decanter

Tell me about your cup holders. I'm thinking about putting one on my 2012 'Wing, but my wife doesn't like the idea of my trying to get a drink while on the road. When we had full-face helmets I agreed that it probably wouldn't be a good idea, but we just got modular helmets and it might be doable. Regardless I wouldn't mind having a cup holder IF only to have the water bottle easily available whenever we stop.
/dwight
Every day is a good day for a bike ride. Some days are just better than others.

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:34 am

I don't think I would want to drink a milkshake while riding. It is too much fun to sit down and enjoy the shake and perhaps the company of my SO.

dtrider, Having a drink while riding is a great way to try to stay hydrated. This is very important and hard to do even you are stopping every two hours and drinking a bottle of water or Gatorade. I also use a full face helmet and found that a camelbak water pack with a long plastic hose works really well. I like to fill the water pak at night and let it freeze then in the morning mount it on the bike so the drinking hose is easy to get to---I normally clip it to my jacket. Then as the day warms, the ice melts and I have cool water.

When the water gets to hot or run out, a stop for a drink means the opportunity to get ice and add water usually for free or the price of a fountain drink that I enjoy anyway. Lunch time is frequently a good time for this replenishment.

I have a good friend who has the Butler cup mounted on his GL1800 and he keeps it full of Mountain Dew and ice. But he prefers an open face helmet also.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Well IF things had gone according to plan today, I would have 2 new power ports in the bike today. Finished up with a nice late afternoon ride out around the lake.
BUT things didn't go according to plan.
Hauling yard waste, that didn't burn last week, over the hill wasn't in the plan.
Making a minor repair to the mower deck wasn't in the plan.
Removing the mower deck, greasing the pulleys and spindles, cleaning, adjusting parts, repairing deck damage wasn't in the plan. A new mower battery wasn't planned for today.
The bike was moved out of the way so the mower and dump trailer could be moved out of the shop. Its still sitting in the shop, out of the way.
The mower runs and works great. :roll:

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Was just watching a GMC pickem up truck commercial. I wondered IF I could get one of their "active noise cancellation" devices, could I hear my radio better? :lol:

Return to “Goldwing Chat”