Cargo Rack

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
jhbates2000
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

Cargo Rack

Postby jhbates2000 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:28 am

I have a trailer to pull behind my m/c but I am looking for the cargo rack that will bolt onto the tongue between the trailer itself and the m/c to carry a cooler so that I am ot losing space inside the trailer. The problem I am having is figuring out exactly what the cargo rack is called so I can find one to purchase to put on my trailer. I have searched every possible name that I can think of. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated, aka websites or if anyone has one for sale.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Cargo Rack

Postby themainviking » Wed May 04, 2016 8:30 am

Is this what you are looking for? I have a question. If you mount something like this on your hitch, how will you then attach the trailer?

http://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-Acces ... ingdocs-20
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed May 04, 2016 8:32 am

jhbates2000 wrote:I have a trailer to pull behind my m/c but I am looking for the cargo rack that will bolt onto the tongue between the trailer itself and the m/c to carry a cooler so that I am ot losing space inside the trailer. The problem I am having is figuring out exactly what the cargo rack is called so I can find one to purchase to put on my trailer. I have searched every possible name that I can think of. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated, aka websites or if anyone has one for sale.

Look for Cooler Racks. Like this:

http://store.bushtec.com/product-p/98210000.htm

Although for that price, I'd be sorely tempted to spend $20 on some angle iron and some U-bolts and build my own.

Aspen also sells some "Z" brackets that can be adjusted to fit most any cooler:

http://www.aspenqualitytrailers.com/accessories

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Postby Fiberthree » Sat May 07, 2016 10:56 am

themainviking wrote:Is this what you are looking for? I have a question. If you mount something like this on your hitch, how will you then attach the trailer?

http://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-Acces ... ingdocs-20

:lol: :lol:
What genius designed that?!! Not only do you have the hot exhaust aimed for your, more than likely plastic, cooler... But then they locate the ball mount between the bike and the rack. What an Einstein! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:55 am

I don't know what genius designed the idea of putting a cooler on the tongue, but having had one on a Neosho Starlight and a Bushtec Turbo and towed them for a collective 100,000+ miles I found the coolers to work, keep ice frozen for a reasonable time and keep drinks cold.

I wonder if the OP is looking for the PakitRaK?
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby OldZX11Rider » Sat May 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Years ago I pulled a Cargo Mate with an ice chest on the tongue. Never had any problems. ;)
Wished I had that trailer back now. Guess my next project will be getting or building a trailer. :D

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Return to “Goldwing Chat”