IDIOTS

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
GRAPEAPE94
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800

IDIOTS

Postby GRAPEAPE94 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:36 pm

I retired 5 years ago and have managed to put over 190,000 miles on my '06 since new so I have seen a lot in my travels but nothing compares to what I see almost daily where I live. In Florida if you are over 21 and have the proper amount of insurance you are not required to wear a helmet. So what do I see? Two people on a bike with the operator not wearing a helmet and the passenger wearing one. Or the guys on their "crotch rocket" wearing shorts, flip flops , no shirt and a full face helmet.
I work at an auto parts store (OREILLY'S) and we are about midway between two traffic lights on a divided road that is three lanes each way. It is the local drag strip for bikes. You can hear the "crotch rockets" leave the light and race past. The sound of those high strung engines is worse than the racket made by the Harleys. I swear I can hear them over a mile away when I am at home. The local police have given up on chasing them because they can disappear easily in the residential areas.
Now that I've vented it's time to get to bed (11:30pm) so that I can get up early do an oil change and pull the front wheel and rotors off so that I can polish the front rim real good. Then on my next day off I will do the same to the rear.
I did say that I retired 5 years ago but here I am putting in almost 40 hours a week at the auto parts store.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: IDIOTS

Postby redial » Fri May 20, 2016 12:32 am

Us retired folk are all the same, if you finish all the work today, you would have nothing to do tomorrow. :!:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

dtrider
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800

Postby dtrider » Fri May 20, 2016 2:25 pm

redial wrote:Us retired folk are all the same, if you finish all the work today, you would have nothing to do tomorrow. :!:

Don't let my wife hear you say that. She can always find something that needs to be done.
Every day is a good day for a bike ride. Some days are just better than others.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Fri May 20, 2016 7:16 pm

Just tell her that your To Do list is full up, and that she should try again tomorrow :twisted:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

suvcw04
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800 Lehman Trike

Postby suvcw04 » Sun May 22, 2016 3:43 pm

dtrider wrote:
redial wrote:Us retired folk are all the same, if you finish all the work today, you would have nothing to do tomorrow. :!:

Don't let my wife hear you say that. She can always find something that needs to be done.

Never let 'em see you standing still!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”