New SUV for my bike trailer.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 Aspencade
And 17 other bikes, 5 more Goldwings, 3 Ventures, 2 Vmax

New SUV for my bike trailer.

Postby silverado6x6 » Sun May 29, 2016 7:23 pm

For several years i have been using my 2002 Silverado dually with a converted snowmachine trailer to pick up project bikes here in Alaska, but the truck is a hungry beast to feed with its 8.1 gas motor, i had a 99 GMC Envoy but its a tad small, sold it to my son, the wife got a 2012 Equinox so its not available so i went looking for something for myself, saw an ad for a 2009 Escalade at a local gm dealer at a good price but when i went to see it they said it was at the tranny shop, probably was confused about which bathroom to use.....

So i went across the highway to the chevy dealer, they had just picked up a 2014 Escalade luxury in a tradein, not even yet in their inventory. I checked it out, not a scratch, no repair history, i have not seen very many used ones this new looking. Its got that 6.2 403hp all aluminum motor, awd, 22" tires. Black exterior and black interior, i had to have it. Still a big pill to swallow but i said what the heck, go big or go home i always say. Been driving it for over a week now, drives like a race car, sounds like a Corvette, endless list of gadgets on it.

Founder of Steel Horse Restorations

Return to “Goldwing Chat”