Signature Block with Clickable Thumbnail Pictures

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE GoldWing
1983 GL650i SilverWing
1981 CB750C Custom
1981 CM400 (Newest Project)

Signature Block with Clickable Thumbnail Pictures

Postby flogger » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:00 am

Scott, I am creating this for help for all if you wanted to place it in the Ammouncemt section or where ever else you deem appropriate...

For those that didn't know, you can make pictures of your motorcycles as Clickable Thumbnails in your signature block. You can use any picture service, but for illustration and ease, this will deal with Photo bucket.

1. Go to your User Control Panel and select the Profile tab...
2. Below, select Edit Signature...
3. List your signature items, bikes, sayings, etc... Whatever you wish...
4. Skip a line (return)
5. Paste your image thumbnail link from Photo bucket...
6. If you have more than one, put a single space after the previous one and the next one... Paste next one after space...
7. Submit when done, you now have Clickable links from with your motorcycle Thumbnails in your signature block...

Photo buck is very user friendly, it sets up most parameters, and it makes the thumbnails. Set your pictures to be viewed at a medium size, 640 x 480 to be kind to your viewers so they load faster and take up less of their data allowance. If you want a sample signature block with this working, look at mine. There are 4 cycles as Thumbnails and you can click on each to see the full size bike.

Feel free to PM me with questions or if you need help. I suggest a Photo bucket account since they are very universal and user friendly...

1996 GL1500SE GoldWing
1983 GL650i SilverWing
1981 CB750C Custom
1981 CM400 (project)

Image Image Image Image

Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Signature Block with Clickable Thumbnail Pictures

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Incidentally, you can do the exact same thing with pictures from your own member gallery right here on this site, and it's quite a bit easier, actually. Here's how:

First, go to the picture in the Member Pictures area that you want to use. Right below the picture, you'll see something like this:

Picture URL Box
Picture URL Box

Click on the URL in the LOWER box - it will highlight it, just like shown in that picture. You want to use the thumbnail size, not the full size one. Copy this into your clipboard.

Next, edit your signature - you can do it by clicking this link: Edit Your Signature

Take what you copied above, and paste it into your signature. It will look something like this:

Pasted URL
Pasted URL

That's it! That's all there is to it!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”