TT week

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

TT week

Postby Sidcar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Sitting in the lounge of a hotel in the Isle of Man. TT week is over but such is the demand I can't get on the ferry home until tomorrow. Weather's been very good for most of the week but thick mist came in off the sea Friday and caused a three and half hour delay before racing could start.
Every year you think "how can they possibly go faster" but they do. Both the sidecar and solo lap records were broken. Michael Dunlop now holds the outright solo lap record which now stands at 133.96 mph, which means he took less than seventeen minutes to complete the 37.73 mile lap.
The downside of two week event is that 5 riders lost their lives living their dream. The TT mountain course is the ultimate road race challenge and those that ride it love it but it's an unforgiving circuit, make a mistake and it could be your last. Waste of life or living (and possibly dying) how you want, your choice.
A few pictures for you. Me and the misses on the Wing by the winners podium on the pit straight plus a TT Police bike, a set of leathers worn by Bruce Ansty when he came off at a 130 mph, a sidecar outfit at Bradden Bridge, John Holden and Andy Winkle, driver/ passenger, winners of the first sidecar race holding the winners trophy. More pics to follow.

Sid
Attachments

Sidcar

Re: TT week

Postby Sidcar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:11 pm

One picture didn't make it onto the previous post, least it hasn't yet, so hopefully it is on this post.

Sid
Attachments

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous-(2018 cannonball scoot)

Postby minimac » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Hope to see some more pics! The racing there is fantastic, it's a shame it comes at such a price. The loss of five is just terrible, but the trip to see the racing there is on my bucket list.

Sidcar

Re: TT week video

Postby Sidcar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Lousy ride home. Ferry crossing nice and smooth but the M6 motorway was at its worst. Road works, traffic jams and the rain hammering down. Slowly getting my, not brilliant, videos on YouTube

Sid

Sidcar

Postby Sidcar » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:43 am

Winging over the mountain where there is no speed limit. I'm not on the "wrong" side of the road the mountain part of the course is made one way for all traffic during the TT fortnight.
The fastest solo lapped in a sniff under 17 mins (133mph) the sidecars just over 19 mins (116 mph), me 1hr 14 mins! (Best not to work out the speed but hey, they don't have to wait at traffic lights).

Sid
Attachments

Return to “Goldwing Chat”