Login with android app


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Post Reply
User avatar
wilmo
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:53 pm
Location: Ogden, Utah
Motorcycle: 2000 Goldwing 1500 SE White
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400

Login with android app

Post by wilmo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:06 am



Concerning the app for the androids where you can get this and other goldwing sites. For some reason this site requires a sign in every time even though I select remember me. The other sites all retain the login information and that makes it convenient. Why does this site always require a new sign in every time? I'm not sure this is where to ask this as creator of the app, Clywin or something, would be the correct one to ask. Maybe Wing Admin has some insight?



User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 18753
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Login with android app

Post by WingAdmin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:58 pm

wilmo wrote:Concerning the app for the androids where you can get this and other goldwing sites. For some reason this site requires a sign in every time even though I select remember me. The other sites all retain the login information and that makes it convenient. Why does this site always require a new sign in every time? I'm not sure this is where to ask this as creator of the app, Clywin or something, would be the correct one to ask. Maybe Wing Admin has some insight?
I have no idea what app you are talking about. If you have the app, could you please forward me information about it.

User avatar
wilmo
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 10:53 pm
Location: Ogden, Utah
Motorcycle: 2000 Goldwing 1500 SE White
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400

Re: Login with android app

Post by wilmo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:02 am

It's called Goldwing Web by clwydian. Available in the Google playstore. It consists of this forum, goldwingfacts, and many other sites dedicated to goldwings. It's free and makes getting to these sites simple as they are all in one box.

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 18753
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Login with android app

Post by WingAdmin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:18 pm

I had a look at that app. It's a really poorly written app, all it does is open a browser window to whatever web sites it has links to. I have no idea what browser it is using, but it obviously is not saving cookies properly, because it does not keep the login here.

You're probably just better off using your phones regular web browser.

DaveO430
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Amity. Ar
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

Re: Login with android app

Post by DaveO430 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:27 pm

I don't use my phone for forums, only a PC and I can't seem to stay logged in either. Have cleared cookies, twice with no results. Sometimes it will stay logged in overnight but usually I'm logged out immediately when I leave the site.

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 18753
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Login with android app

Post by WingAdmin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm

DaveO430 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:27 pm
I don't use my phone for forums, only a PC and I can't seem to stay logged in either. Have cleared cookies, twice with no results. Sometimes it will stay logged in overnight but usually I'm logged out immediately when I leave the site.
You can try this link: http://goldwingdocs.com/ClearCookies.asp

This will clear all the cookies for this site from your browser and log you out. When you log back in, it often helps. It's due to the strange cookie management system used by the forum software, which I am circumventing in the new site.

DaveO430
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Amity. Ar
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

Re: Login with android app

Post by DaveO430 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:05 pm

WingAdmin wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:25 pm
DaveO430 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:27 pm
I don't use my phone for forums, only a PC and I can't seem to stay logged in either. Have cleared cookies, twice with no results. Sometimes it will stay logged in overnight but usually I'm logged out immediately when I leave the site.
You can try this link: http://goldwingdocs.com/ClearCookies.asp

This will clear all the cookies for this site from your browser and log you out. When you log back in, it often helps. It's due to the strange cookie management system used by the forum software, which I am circumventing in the new site.
So, when is that going to happen? The link didn't do anything but take me to the forums page.

User avatar
ka4yqi
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Carrollton, Ga.
Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE
Contact:

Re: Login with android app

Post by ka4yqi » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:39 pm

I use Chrome for my android to log in and for my internet stuff on my phone. But when I use it I have to put on my specs to see it.

User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 786
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Re: Login with android app

Post by AZgl1800 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Firefox on Android gives me the most reliable login to anything.

I hate Chrome and the way it displays stuff, plus it lack of a good bookmarking system.


~John

See you at NASR-11 July 10th, 11th, 12th 2018

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/c ... 9-nasr-11/

Post Reply