any ideas

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100

any ideas

Postby brianaber » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:07 pm

had a hip replacement and some alignment done to the pelvis area , to day i tried to get back on one of the 3 bikes i have 85 g1200ltd ,86 Suzuki cavalcade , and a 84 Yamaha venture
not feeling to safe to be back on the monsters of the 80"s .
thinking of coming down in size and weight of another bike, here is the problem over here we are ONLY allowed to import bikes 30 and more years old at the moment we can import up till 1986!! if the law was different i would like to buy a bike the wing adims wife"s bike , but will have to wait until 89 :cry: and that will bring me to 72 years old,,,,,,not 3 wheelers allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am looking for a touring bike with saddle bags ,fairing, and comfortable handle bars also must be comfy for the wife to ride back seat

Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Re: any ideas

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:58 pm

How long has it been since your hip replacement? Maybe a bit more time and physical therapy and the strength in that hip will reach a point you feel more confident.
If you think it's as good as it's going to get, there are a number of bikes you may consider. The 4 cylinder 750's have enough power for 2 up riding.
Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha all made shaft drive cycles under 1000 cc but with good power. (I only left out Suzuki because I just don't know about them.)
I don't see the 30 year old bike restriction as a problem because I like older bikes.
I get excited about "hunting" for a "new" bike even if it is an older bike.
I don't know exactly what you want, but I hope you're able to enjoy the hunt. Accessories can make it what you want! :D
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Motorcycle: 1991 Goldwing 1500 SE

Postby Happytrails » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Maybe a Goldwing gl1000 with Vetter fairing and bags would be light enough.

Or a Honda 900 Custom with Vetter fairing and bags.

Both these bikes are a bit older than what you ride now but they are slightly lighter and you can tour on them. Although its tricky finding one of these in good shape because of there age. People ask a lot for them. :D
1991 GL1500 SE Anniversary Edition
Sun Flare Gold Metallic
Vallant Brown Inset

Motorcycle: .
'91 GL1500-I (Dbl-Darkside)
iRide 24/365 99% SmileMiles
"You don't buy yourself a
HD to be SATISFIED,...
you buy it to keep your
HD friends PACIFIED."
ANTAGONISTS need not post.

Postby FM-USA » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:16 am

Have you considered landing gear?

Now that is a really weird law, 30 hiatus?

"OIL CHANGE?" _FM 07-2009
Know its new taste and be loyal, you'll know when to change that oil.
Taste testing as the miles flow, souring as that acid grows.
And don't flirt with dirt or darkened oil, all the faster your engine will spoil.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”