Time to let the old girl go...

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200 Aspencade
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400

Time to let the old girl go...

Postby wilmo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:12 pm

I've posted this on another forum as well but I wanted all of you here to know this, too.

Yup for real. I've decided to sell the 1200 and begin looking for a 1500. This thing is getting harder to push backwards for me, it's running good, and I think now is the time to sell her. I've been considering upgrading all year and today I decided to do it. Not to mention that I now have a new job as of Monday and can now afford to go big. Pay is quite respectable and in my chosen field (IT) for a DOD military contractor. Now I need to get a secret clearance and I can move up. A little late in life by some standards but I need to get my retirement in order so this is the ticket.
Back to the bike, I listed it in the local KSL ads which around here is much like a Craig's list but considerably more respectable. Right now there is one 1500 that I'm considering to look at but a bit of a road trip to go see. This is the link to the ad: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=40586...wing&ad_cid=11.
If any of you are so inclined, let me know what you think of it. There are some others on there but not as good of a deal. There are also several 1800's for sale. hmmmm maybe.... But anyway, I've put enough money and time into the old girl and I just think it's time to let go, following my gut on this one.
BTW, this is my ad: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=40632...dwing&ad_cid=1.

Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Re: Time to let the old girl go...

Postby OldZX11Rider » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Moving on up, to the east side, to that big heavy Goldwing with reverse... :lol:
Just clowning around.

Hope you find exactly what you want and just as importantly, a loving home for the old girl. :D
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Sir Rides Alot
Motorcycle: 1996 1500 SE

Re: Time to let the old girl go...

Postby Sir Rides Alot » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 am

I'm doing the same exact thing kind of.
I'm using my current 1985 Aspencade 1200 as a trade in on a 1996 S.E. 1500 Goldwing.
I to look forward to having reverse and the added CC s will be nice as well. :)
Good luck with your sale and your newer bike.

My newer bike. :D

The one I'm trading in/giving up.
( Proud new owner of a 1996 S.E. 1500 ) :D
~~~ We are fishers of men.....we catch em and Jesus cleans em ~~~
Sir Rides Alot

Return to “Goldwing Chat”