can anyone make us one of these please !!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

can anyone make us one of these please !!

Postby wingdings » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:36 am

can anyone make us one of these please !! its a replacement radio cover so you can rip out the old cassette and replace with a marine radio instead !! there was in guy selling them on ebay however hes gone now !! needs someone to pick up the torch who can do plastic mouldings could make a fortune too !!

Motorcycle: .
'91 GL1500-I (Dbl-Darkside)
iRide 24/365 99% SmileMiles
"You don't buy yourself a
HD to be SATISFIED,...
you buy it to keep your
HD friends PACIFIED."
ANTAGONISTS need not post.

Re: can anyone make us one of these please !!

Postby FM-USA » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:07 pm

I made something similar but as I got 3/4 complete, I found it wasn't all that viable.
The H-Bars cables have to be set at 'X' height or they rub the radio. That limits what you can install.
The face plate angle is slightly difficult to see. Safety wise, you have to look downward. CAN cause a problem. :shock:

Another problem is weather. A weatherproof cover has to be installed.
That was the reason I quit, cover was to wide (ordered cover after the fact = WOOPS).

BUT that's not a bad thing, as radios and USB players get smaller they'll fit almost anywhere.
I currently have a Radio, MP3, USB, and TF player that's 4"W x 1'H x 1.5"D. Has AUX input on it's face plate.

Find someone who does Vac-Forming, or learn and make one. As I read and watch YouTube on the subject, it "SEEMS" easy.
Hard part is using the oven and eliminating the small BEFORE SHE gets home. :roll:
"OIL CHANGE?" _FM 07-2009
Know its new taste and be loyal, you'll know when to change that oil.
Taste testing as the miles flow, souring as that acid grows.
And don't flirt with dirt or darkened oil, all the faster your engine will spoil.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”