Geico's Emergency Road Service

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1998 GL1500 SE

Geico's Emergency Road Service

Postby flw » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Any one ever use Geico's Emergency Road service for you bike in the past couple years?

If so what was your experience?

Did they locate a towing service for you or just help pay for it?

Motorcycle: 1966 305 Scrambler
1968 Trail 90
1970 Trail 90
1995 Pacific Coast
1983 GL1100A
2008 GL 1800

Re: Geico's Emergency Road Service

Postby blackbird » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 am

I cannot comment on Geico, but I can tell you that I have had excellent customer service with AAA. I had to get my bike towed home when it quit on me on then to the shop for repairs. Also a couple of locked doors on cars when the keys decided to stay inside and a couple of times the car itself quit. In fact, my son, called them at 1;30am this past week in another state, but he had my car(not my membership card). They went ahead and came out on a service call, no charge of course, and he went on his way. They did not have to honor it, since I was not there as the member. It costs a little more to have the RV-Plus (covers bikes) membership, but like a fire extinguisher, it sure is nice to have when you need it. Another little extra is the hotel discounts ,most chains offer for AAA members. Good luck, blackbird.

Motorcycle: 2005 GOLDWING 1800S

Re: Geico's Emergency Road Service

Postby FBRIDER61 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:59 am

I have used Geico before and their service was impeccable. I had a battery problem and could not start my GL1800; called Geico at about 1 pm and the truck arrived at my house by 1:45 pm, with a driver that knew how to hoist, strap and secure the bike for the short ride to the dealer (about 6 miles). I could not be more satisfied. Since all insurance companies and the AAA will use local service providers - when calling for road assistance you must be very clear about what you will have towed, and that it is imperative that the tow truck driver be experienced with bikes.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”