hitch estimate

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
hap2
Motorcycle: 1992 GoldWing 1500SE

hitch estimate

Postby hap2 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:07 am

How much would it cost to have a 1500 wired up for a trailer hitch?
And to have a hidden hitch receiver mounted on it?

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: hitch estimate

Postby harvey01 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:58 am

There are a number of electrical connectors which use some form of isolator to get the power basically from the battery and not the normal wires. Electrical Connection sells a good one for about $80.

A trailer hitch can be very expensive. I prefer the Bushtec Hitch but Rivco also makes a good one. A number of other companys do supply hitches. I like the Bushtec because it mounts in a couple locations to the frame.

I am sure you can check with Bushtec or rivco and they can recommend a dealer in your area to do the install. Many folks will do their own. No matter what hitch or isolator system you buy you can figure you will pay the going labor rate for the installation. Most dealers charge 60 to 100 per hour.

I have made no attempt to list all the hitches here as a Google search will give you a lot of hitch suppliers.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

hap2
Motorcycle: 1992 GoldWing 1500SE

Re: hitch estimate

Postby hap2 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:47 pm

To b honest, the bike has a Hidden Hitch receiver already. It's wired up with a little round mounted stainless steel plug. I just wanted to know ABOUT how much extra id b worth as I'm reluctantly looking at selling it.

See http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.htm ... 935db034f5

The price is CAD

Return to “Goldwing Chat”