New helmets n blue tooth intercom

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Scooter363y
Motorcycle: 2014 gl1800

New helmets n blue tooth intercom

Postby Scooter363y » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Well it looks like the wife and I are going to get new helmets n Bluetooth intercoms. We had a pair of Hjc is max bt with the chatterbox inter com.

We had just gotten back from a two week vacation out west in the motor home with the wing in a trailer out back. It was a good vac. Deadwood,devils tower,mt Rushmore ,crazy horse,grave sites of wild bill, calamity Jane,Seth bullock,mt Roosevelt. Then we went to Colorado Springs and rode up pikes peak. Very good indeed.

While on vac I make a list of improvements to make. Both the motor home and wing need some minor work. While the motor home was in the shop it was broken into. My wife's and my brand new ( in the boxes) were stolen along with other things. Other things about it still upset me.

Anyway for two weeks now I have been reading reviews and have ordered Hjc is max 2 and Sena 20s I think we will be satisfied with them. Any others out there used this combo?

Scott

wellman
Motorcycle: 1974 Yamaha Enduro 125
1982 Kawasaki LTD 550
1983 Kawasaki GPZ 550
1992 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
2000 GL1500 SE

Re: New helmets n blue tooth intercom

Postby wellman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Scooter,
Sounds like it was a great trip, planning something similar next year for us. Sorry to hear about the theft.
My wife and I bought the same helmets last year and really like them. We opted for the Scala Rider G9x (bought at same time) instead of the Sena. Wished we had went with the Sena 20s. The G9x units have had multiple issues, have been replaced once under warranty. Charging issues, static occasionally, etc. The last couple of times Scala told me to update thru the Cardo Community site. One of the units will not take the update and now there is not response from Scala group. Feeling a little neglected. Units work well 90% of the time but keep thinking one day they may not come on. To so new and such little support bothers me a little.
Good luck on the Sena's a let us know how they work out.

Scooter363y

Postby Scooter363y » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:48 am

Thanks wellman for the response. We just got our helmets and intercoms yesterday. Getting ready for a long camping weekend this weekend.

The vacation was indeed great. We stayed at a campground just south of deadwood SD. Really nice place with a fantastic bathhouse. While we were there we would take day trips to the attractions. Devils tower, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse are a nice ride on the wing. And in deadwood we had lunch at number 10 saloon and caught the wild bill show there. After that we just had to go to the wild Bill/calamity Jane sites. While there we went to the Seth Bullock site what a hike that was. After reading about the friendship between Bullock and Roosevelt we had to take the hike to the top of Mt Roosevelt. Again this is a hike not for the faint of heart.

After that we drove to Colorado Springs. Rode the wing up to the summit of Pikes Peak. Wow what a change in weather from base to top. We just don't have that here in Ohio.

We had a great time there and hope you do too.

Scott
Attachments
The rig
The rig
At the top
At the top

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby OldZX11Rider » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:22 pm

I know about that temperature change you're talking about. My wife and I were working in Colorado Springs one summer and we were enjoying a day off.

We went to The Garden of The God's, the cliff dwellings at Manitou Springs (if I'm remembering right) and 7 Falls. Then we decided to go up Pikes Peak. We were dressed in t-shirts and shorts, tennis shoes.
It was nice out, even a bit warm, but at the top of Pikes Peak it was down right chilly!!! A few pics, a quick look around, the mandatory visit to the gift shop and we were done.
Pikes Peak was very nice, but no one had told us anything about the views on the drive up to Pikes Peak. ;)
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Scooter363y

Postby Scooter363y » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 am

Well I have finally got the helmet/intercom/Bluetooth combination together
Just a reminder I am using a HJC IS max 2 helmet with a Sena 20s

The wife and I have taken two rides each about an hour out and an hour back. We are still learning how to work the systems. I have an iPhone 6s Plus that I use for pairing. I like the way that I can listen to music and when the wife wants to talk the music volume gets lower and the intercom takes over the major volume. When finished the music returns.

I have made/received two phone calls so far. Both were very clear with very little wind noise. There is an app for the iPhone that controls the settings of the sena unit.

I want to try the earbud option and with the sena this is possible. I have a set that are based on Osha hearing protection. This gives the added hearing protection.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087 ... ingdocs-20

I started off wanting to incorporate my cell phone into the wired intercom system of my goldwing. This was proving to be a difficult project. With this setup it bypasses the wings systems altogether. An added benefit is this sena can be used on any bike that you are on.

I will keep everyone updated on the performance of this combo

Thanks
Scott

Return to “Goldwing Chat”