The brand-new 2018 Goldwing?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
WingVetteGSXR
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800, 2006 Suzuki GSX-R600

Re: The brand-new 2018 Goldwing?

Post by WingVetteGSXR » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 pm

FM-USA wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:45 pm
WOW! That's very odd.
A bud of mine asked how heavy my bike was to pick up. So I laid it down and he couldn't believe how EZ it was. He did the same for me of his. He has a full bagger like the Wing.
Now mind you the angles were pretty close to the same for both bikes. HOLY KRAP! :o did I grunt just getting it started.
He's not doing it right. It's a piece of cake. Turn around, grab the handle bar and the passenger handhold, and walk it backwards. It stands right up.

FM-USA
Motorcycle: mc

Re: The brand-new 2018 Goldwing?

Post by FM-USA » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:55 pm

I think something was missed, I'll over-write it...
WingVetteGSXR wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 pm
FM-USA wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:45 pm
WOW! That's very odd.
A bud of mine asked how heavy my GL1500 was to pick up. So I laid GL1500 down and he couldn't believe how EZ it was to pick up my GL1500. He did the same for me of his Harley Davidson 1650 , he has a full bagger like the Wing.
Now mind you the angles were pretty close to the same for both bikes. HOLY KRAP! :o did I grunt just getting his Harley Davidson 1650 started.
He's not doing it right. It's a piece of cake. Turn around, grab the handle bar and the passenger handhold, and walk it backwards. It stands right up.
Others will say they have or had both GoldWing and HD yet the HD is easier to pick up since all the weight is down low. I did a side by side comparison between my buds HD and my Wing, it sure looks like there is more mass weight way down low on the Wing.

As for picking up my Wing.
I'm an aging 64 at 245# 5' 9" and now retired so my OLD muscle mass is also shrinking but I can STILL easily pick up my Wing standing facing the seat, (right hand on the grab-bar, left hand on the handlebar) and with my back straight, knees bent just hoist it on right up like their's no motor in it.
Now picking up a 100# bag of cement is a LOT more difficult than my Wing... but that cement bag don't have handles :roll: .
But still the Wing is MUCH EASIER to pick up than his HD.

"Doing it right" is any way you do it, without hurting yourself. ;)
.. ..OH, that reminds me...
Few years ago our alley was iced over and ya, dropped my Wing (car rut). I wear 'Sketchers' summer shoes with moderate tread all year round. I planted my feet and lifted that Wing right up WITHOUT feet slipping on that ice. Soooo I must be doing something right. 8-)

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." W.C. Have a wonderful flat tire day while doing 99mph.