Greetings From Mississippi

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
mpoirierfsm
Motorcycle: 2005 Nova Blue GL1800A5 w/ 2016 Roadsmith HTS Kit

Greetings From Mississippi

Postby mpoirierfsm » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:20 am

Just wanted to say hi y'all and that I am looking forward to getting a lot of helpful information from this site. I am going to need it since I my knowledge base about Honda's is very limited. After years of V-Twin riding bad sciatic problems finally convinced me time to go three wheels. Got a good deal on a low mileage (24498) 2005 GL1800A with a 2016 Roadsmith HTS Kit and so far am very happy :D :D with the decision.

Michael "Minister Mike" Poirier
Missionary/Church Builder
Director - Faithful Steward Ministries
1SG, US Army Ret. (13Z5M)
Disabled American Veterans;
Veterans of the Viet Nam War/Veterans Coalition;
The Retired Enlisted Association; CMA

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Re: Greetings From Mississippi

Postby OldZX11Rider » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Welcome from N.W. Arkansas. Hope you're enjoying your trike. :D
Lots of people on here with just a little bit of know-how, like myself, to riders that haven't found a problem they can't fix, or at least make better.
They keep me on the road. :lol:

Ride safe, ride often.
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:03 pm

Quick question. Does switching to a trike really help ease your sciatica problem? Just curious. ;)
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

mpoirierfsm
Motorcycle: 2005 Nova Blue GL1800A5 w/ 2016 Roadsmith HTS Kit

Postby mpoirierfsm » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 am

Hello OldZX11Rider,

We were enjoying the trike until it popped a FI code now its in the shop, Oh Joy! But since it just turned 25k figured better to have a Honda dealer go through it at least once.

NW Arkansas are anywhere near Fort Chaffee? Back in the day I trained some troops there and at Camp Robinson in N. Little Rock.

As for the trike helping the back issue not sure yet. We have not gone on a long trip yet to really tell. Got it more for safety, when the sciatic nerve kicks in hard I get totally numb on the right side from the waist down. Not a good thing on 2 wheels at any speed.
Michael "Minister Mike" Poirier
Missionary/Church Builder
Director - Faithful Steward Ministries
1SG, US Army Ret. (13Z5M)
Disabled American Veterans;
Veterans of the Viet Nam War/Veterans Coalition;
The Retired Enlisted Association; CMA

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:07 am

I'm further north. North and east of the Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale area out in the country. Which is a nice area for the grandkids to play without worrying about them. Well...not too much worry anyway. :lol:
I can see having a third wheel would be handy if a lower limb went numb. Hope it works out for you.
Are you in the upper, lower or middle part of Mississippi? Or just far enough south that riding all year round is enjoyable? :lol:

Return to “Goldwing Chat”