sarge

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
sarge
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000 Honda goldwing

sarge

Postby sarge » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:18 pm

been long time since I been on.dont know has this work so I start.i took a 1978 gl1000 Goldwing with 20,000 mile on engine,and setting up along time.i took it down to frame.now ready to restore it.is there a book at there on restore a bike frame up step by step.i could use it.i wish had a consultant close to me for advise.dont know what good or bad to replace.i guess first thing to do is sandblast and powercoat the frame,who does that here in Arkansas and do I get it painted then or later,where can I take the gas tank to get it clean it had some gas in in for a long while.then is the next step the front and back wheel.what do I use to clean spokes,how do I know if brake at good.then how do clean up check if good front forks ,shocks,springs.that should be enough for now. to get started.

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Re: sarge

Postby RoadRogue » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:48 am

Welcome to the forum Sarge, sounds like you have a good winter project on your hands. Check out the how to articles on the forum and use the search feature to find posts on any specific questions. You will find many threads on most every question you come up with. 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

Return to “Goldwing Chat”