me and my gal

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
DarthJ
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500A Aspencade

me and my gal

Postby DarthJ » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Have a wonderful woman in my life, we've been together three years so far, and recently, we got engaged. She loves my 1500 and has a blast on the back. Currently it's down for tank replacement, but will be back up in no time (doing a few things since I'm in there) We're looking forward to many years, many miles and many smiles together.

If my gal ain't happy, I ain't happy. Thank God she loves bikes.

Happytrails
Motorcycle: 1991 Goldwing 1500 SE

Re: me and my gal

Postby Happytrails » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:54 am

Congrats on engagement and sharing fun times on your gl1500. :D
1991 GL1500 SE Anniversary Edition
Sun Flare Gold Metallic
Vallant Brown Inset

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:56 am

Congratulations on the engagement! I met my back seat rider some 49 years ago and we have been married for the last 46 years. She started riding on the back of my big Honda 50 Cub back then and has stayed with me through a whole mess of motorcycles.

I sincerely hope that 46 years from now you will have enjoyed married life as much as I have!
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

DarthJ

Postby DarthJ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:32 pm

God willing Harvey we will. It's been a hell of a ride so far, and she and I have been through a lot in the past 3 years. Been helping with her daughters (1 in college, 1 in high school) and we supported each other finally getting our bachelor's degrees (not an easy thing at 42 and 41)

Already have my ideas on how to keep the romance going and make her always feel loved. One, keep dating. And when we go out, phones off during dinner. She's told me a couple of things that annoy her and they are easy ones to avoid.

We both got out of kinda bad relationships, so we are taking lessons from the exes as to what not to do. Hers basically ignored her, mine was critical of everything.

DarthJ

Postby DarthJ » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Here's a pic of us on our last date night. Yeah, we're a little dorky, but her eldest daughter agrees we're cute together

Cute couple
Cute couple

Redwing blackbird
Motorcycle: 2015 Gold Wing

Postby Redwing blackbird » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:54 am

I wish you and your honey many happy years together. My sweetie and I have been riding together for 27 years now. Married for 25. When we met I had 12 motorcycles in the basement, she showed up on her Harley and it has been love ever since. We both ride our own Wings now.

DarthJ

Postby DarthJ » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks. She's a greal gal, very sweet, caring, and just wonderful all around. We think enough alike we say the same things a lot or have similar ideas. We're moving in together finally after three years together and the plans for the house involve a lot of communication and comprise, but there's never been an argument over anything. If I or she say something won't work, we both explain the why of it and always offer an alternative that's similar.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”