Manuals

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
alwrmcusn
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 MotorTrike (2015)

Manuals

Postby alwrmcusn » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:25 am

I may be missing a step (or two) but when I try to download one of the "Free" manuals that the site seems to indicate it has, I am taken to a Helm manual site that isn't free? I'm looking for a manual that tells/shows me how to enter addresses into the GPS on my 2008 GL1800. Unlike my various automotive GPS units the bikes GPS is not (to me) very user friendly.

Every motorcycle will out perform it's rider.

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: Manuals

Postby harvey01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:07 pm

WOW, that is one good looking trike you have! Sorry I cannot help with the GPS as my 04 does not have that option.

You are being linked to Helminc.com because the administrator of this site was told by Honda that he could not put the manuals on the site for free. Honda holds the copyright for their manuals so they want to make a little money with the sale of each one. Helm does do a good job of supplying the manuals and even reproducing them if necessary.

Have you consulted your owners manual? As I recall it did have basic instructions. Be aware you are not the first to have problems using the builtin GPS. Many do especially with the earlier units--Honda apparently has greatly improved the unit since first installed. But about all I know is that when you are moving you can't do anything with the GPS. You have to be stationary. This is a safety thing. I guess they figure you will not wreck changing stations or modes on the audio system but pushing a button on the GPS is dangerous.

Hopefully a member more knowledgeable than me will jump in and be able to assist you with the GPS. Or send you a copy of the appropriate operation manual.

I just had another thought, try to contact your local chapter of the GWRRA, there may be a member with the same unit who can meet with you and help you work it out.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

alwrmcusn
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 MotorTrike (2015)

Postby alwrmcusn » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:11 am

Thank you for the reply. After I had posted that I found the reasoning for the "free" manuals not being free. That of course makes sense, but perhaps GoldwingDocs should put that info up front clearly for everyone to see.
If I had an owners manual I would not need to ask for an owners manual. My new (to me) trike did not include the manual. I did find and download one online (can't remember where) but it does not have the GPS/Navi directions. I can enter the address into the GPS but I have not figured out how to keep it/put it in "favorites" so that I can call it up again. It has to be something really simple. I've been a computer operator/nerd since about 1968 and am well aware that the simplest things are what we overlook trying to find something really difficult :D . I just need the how to operate the GPS/Navi system info or manual.
Thank you again.
BTW, thank you for the compliment. The day we found "Super Bee" was the day before we were going to go look at a HD trike. Clearly Super Bee won us over! :D
Every motorcycle will out perform it's rider.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:24 am

I shall PM you with a download for the Navi Manual.

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “Goldwing Chat”