F6B Performance

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Fl-Driver
Motorcycle: 2016 Honda Goldwing F6B

F6B Performance

Post by Fl-Driver » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:27 am

I just bought a 2016 Goldwing F6B and a fellow rider commented during a mid-day ride that I had a grin that wouldn't quit.... I owned HD Street Glides a few years ago and liked the bikes but even buying new meant that the service interval was 2500 miles. Even with new ones they were plagued with issues. In 1982 I re-enlisted in the Navy and got a bonus and bought a new 1982 Honda CX-500 Custom and kept the bike for 18 years without many or any significant problems. I always imagined Gold Wings as heavy and slower than other bikes. How wrong I was.... I am amazed at the acceleration and agility and smoothness of the F6B. I got a great deal on a leftover new F6B. Seat is very comfortable and having the first service not until 4000 miles is awesome!!! Drinking the koolaid!!!!!

"Too much of a good thing is.... wonderful." - Mae West

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: F6B Performance

Post by themainviking » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:31 am

Yeah, I test rode an F6B the first year they came out, while owning a GL1800 at the time. I was impressed. I actually like them better than the full wings, but they were missing too much to make them a viable option for me. No center stand, no trunk, no reverse. If another big bike in the stable was an option at this stage of my life, it would be an F6B.

Congrats on obtaining one at less than the MSRP. That always feels good. Also welcome to GoldwingDocs forum.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Fl-Driver
Motorcycle: 2016 Honda Goldwing F6B

Re: F6B Performance

Post by Fl-Driver » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:34 am

Mine has a center stand :)
"Too much of a good thing is.... wonderful." - Mae West