"Legs Up" or Reverse Trike

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

"Legs Up" or Reverse Trike

Post by redial » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 pm

I am at the stage in life where I still like to ride, but my strength is not good enough to hold the GW up, at 76 years young. I am ok on the Honda 250, but the GW is warning me off. I have thought of two alternatives, the Legs Up, or a Reverse Trike by Endeavor. I am on a fixed income (pension), so money is not plentiful, and the AUD vs USD is about 80% at the moment.

I have asked Endeavour about exporting to Oz, but they are not keen, nah, don't want to send a kit here!

I have asked Legs Up and they have a reconditioned set that they are selling for a 1500.

I am interested in comments, and experiences with either of these two, or is there a better solution?

I look forward to your comments

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800 still young at 111,980 miles

Re: "Legs Up" or Reverse Trike

Post by AZgl1800 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Kapunda is a bit far o'er the water from here in Oklahoma, USA.

I too was thinking about the future of my legs, and 2 years ago I managed to buy a set of the original Landing Gear that was made in Louisiana, USA.... they are out of business, Hurricane Katrina washed them right down the drain and they never returned to the state, or went back in business.

I will be 75 March 7th, and fortunately my legs are still strong enough to handle my bike.

https://www.landingear.com/home.php

is a very good product, I have viewed all of their promo videos and seen some good comments on them.

Getting a set down to you would most likely require someone up here to act as an intermediary for you. I did that for a good friend o'er in QLD. He has been to my home once, about 12 years ago... that was right after I rode over to see a GL1500 that he wanted to buy... he needed some "good will feelings" as to whether it was as represented....

turned out it was, he finalized the deal, went to get it, and stopped by my home.... he and his wife are very nice folks.

If you can find a set in the states somewhere, ask one us here to try and get a hold of it, and then pack it up for shipment to you.
John
'02 Gl1800 Hot Rod Yellow,
daughter named her Big Bird :lol:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com

Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 SE (20th Anniversary) and Squire RX4 sidecar

Post by Sidcar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:17 am

Fit a sidecar.
Australian Sidecar Enthusiasts have a great Facebook page.

Make the most of the Ashes we'll be having them back next time :D

Sid

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Post by redial » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:44 am

Ha, ha, ha! We only let you win the 1-day series because we wanted you to come back, so we can beat you again at the real game! I will go and look at the Sidecar FB site, and see what the "go" is.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.