Wired/Wireless Communications, Navigation

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
johnusmcret
Motorcycle: 2016 GL1800 Air Bag

Wired/Wireless Communications, Navigation

Post by johnusmcret » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello. First time posting to this site. Longtime ST owner. Just bought a Goldwing - still waiting for delivery. Earlier this year I bought new helmets with the Sena 30K system. I had wired intercom helmets on the ST. I was hesitant to upgrade to wireless, but decided to get with the times, not knowing I would turn around in short order and buy a Goldwing! I believe the Sena Freewire is not yet compatible with the 30K which would link the bike's amenities to the wireless helmets. It also looks like Sena sells a wired adapter that may be able to connect the bike with 30K via cable.

Since the 30K has intercom and music sharing via mesh, I guess the only loss is voice prompts from navigation and CB which I don't plan to use. So maybe it's not worth worrying about. For those of you that have navigation, are the screens large/clear enough to be able to navigate easily enough without needing the voice prompts? Any other benefits to connecting to the bike? I am not crazy about reverting back to a wired solution after spending $$$ on the 30K.

Thanks, John