Kuryakyn Chrome

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
2008retiredplb
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 now a 2016 HTS1800 RoadSmith Trike
2001 GL1800
1998 1100 Honda Shadow ACE
1972 Honda CL450

Kuryakyn Chrome

Postby 2008retiredplb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:01 am

Has anyone else has problems with Kuryakyn chrome coming off (bubbled) after just over one year old?
What did Kuryakyn do about it for you?
They told me that since it (#7151 Luggage rack) was over one year old, 13 or 14 months from date of purchase, they would not cover it. But they would give me a 20% discount on a replacement. That amount was more than I paid for it in the first place.
They also told me that they could not tell what I was washing the bike with, as that could be the problem. What a crock. If it was because of what I use to wash the bike, why is it only the Kuryakyn chrome that bubbled. What kind of company would tell you that. I ended up purchasing another from the supplier I bought it from originally because of the drilled holes would not match up to another brand. He said they have been having a lot of trouble with Kuryakyn products and are considering dropping the line.
I did a closer inspection and found that it is bubbling from the inside out not the outside in.
I have talked to others that have had the same problem and it is mostly Kuryakyn products that have the problem.
I think it is time to let Kuryakyn know we are fed up with getting ripped off by poor quality chrome. As for me I will not be purchasing any Kuryakyn products in the future. Pass it along to your friends. STAY AWAY FROM KURYAKYN PRODUCTS.

"Love to ride and ride to love"

Return to “Goldwing Chat”