Engine replace update

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
starfleetengineer
Motorcycle: 1979 Yamaha 650 Special
1978 CB750
1980 Yamaha 650 Special
1983 Honda V65 Magna 1100c
1984 GL1200I Interstate

Engine replace update

Postby starfleetengineer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 am

Well! She runs :) And not to bad at all. I have only put about 30 miles on her. Its been to cold or I haven't felt very good :( I am doing alot better after the stroke. My left side is up to about 65%. The bad part is my left arm is always cold. I have found situations I can't handle anymore, and today when I road up to the shop to B S with them. I found out I don't remember one of the techs that I have worked with for 7 months :shock: I can't handle all the kids at the house at one time anymore. :cry: After awhile I start to feel real adgatated, stressed and then feel very tired. I go lay down and I'm asleep till the next day!
As for riding my 84 gl1200. I hate to say it, but I droped it once :o :shock: and when taking a corrner I hit the ctr divider and broke all 6 lower left marker lights :( . My OT says she will release me for half days work. Only because she knows I will push myself too far. she has talked with my Doc. and I see him on the 31st. so Maybe Monday I can go back to work! :) My wife is pushing for half days as well. she is not happy at what I did to the bike, but, I am not eather! I have not pushed myself for a longer ride just for the fact that something does happen. And I don't ride out of town, or far without another rider following me. Every time I ride though town and come home, within an hour or so I get very tired! That is also the time I get a bad headach. I'm not going to give up riding because I am very happy and calm going down the road. I just have to work myself back up to where I was. I haven't had mama on the back yet, cause I'm not sure what is going to happen! But when we get to that point, we WILL be wareing helments!
Thank you too all that have wished me well and all your pos comments. I'm not sure I would have got this far on the bike without your support. Sometimes I need a kick in the butt to get going, but thank God you don't kick very hard ;)

Thanks all: Rick

How many times do I have to tell ya,,, The right tool for the right job!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Engine replace update

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:11 am

Keep pushing - little steps will get you there. You're like me, you'll just push a bit too hard because you want to get to the finish NOW. :)

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Postby tfdeputydawg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Trike time maybe? No stroke here but, I know it was time as I very nearly dropped mine twice the same day!

starfleetengineer
1978 CB750
1980 Yamaha 650 Special
1984 GL1200I Interstate

Postby starfleetengineer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:46 pm

WingAdmin wrote:Keep pushing - little steps will get you there. You're like me, you'll just push a bit too hard because you want to get to the finish NOW. :)

I hear ya Wingman. I want it now and it's hard to deal with. As for the trike. I don't think so. Just not my idea of a ride, at least not yet.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Only you will know when it's time to put the wife on the back, it's gotta be bad for you because just the other day it seems we all had lot's and lot's of energy and can ride at will, anytime any place and party on top of it all too, we were young and supermen, every last one of us, we are cyclist and we all feel bad when one of us goes down or is down, Starfleetengineer: don't you freakin give up on us, do you understand, don't you dare...When the kid's come over or get under your skin take a walk with just one of them..Talk to just one of them at a time and share your life experience's with the little one..Make sure they listen..All I know is this, you have a bunch of dudes on this site and others that care.. :D Cheer up brotherman.. :lol:

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Amen, littlebeaver, amen.

starfleetengineer
1978 CB750
1980 Yamaha 650 Special
1984 GL1200I Interstate

Postby starfleetengineer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:47 pm

littlebeaver wrote:Only you will know when it's time to put the wife on the back, it's gotta be bad for you because just the other day it seems we all had lot's and lot's of energy and can ride at will, anytime any place and party on top of it all too, we were young and supermen, every last one of us, we are cyclist and we all feel bad when one of us goes down or is down, Starfleetengineer: don't you freakin give up on us, do you understand, don't you dare...When the kid's come over or get under your skin take a walk with just one of them..Talk to just one of them at a time and share your life experience's with the little one..Make sure they listen..All I know is this, you have a bunch of dudes on this site and others that care.. :D Cheer up brotherman.. :lol:

:)
I'm not giving up ;) I just have to get use to the fact the "S" on my chest has kriptonite next to it. All the kids care and understand but one. Her and her husband only care about having fun with their friends and "his" family. We feel we are the blacksheep cause we have rules and don't have the money his family has. Don't know were we went wrong with her. Since the stroke, she has not called me once to see how I am doing. I learned that mistake with my dad after he died with cancer. I thought she would see the pain I carrie, but play time is more important. She is our middle daughter. My oldest and youngest both bend over backwards to help us out while I' down. Their boyfriends also help out too! :D for the past few days I have een fighting a bad headach with blood pressure that veries from 195/115 to 160/97. Everything is starting to get to me. I just want to get back to work and do what I can do and feel useful again. I'm climbing the Mt. again, just one step at a time ;)
I will ride with mama again, even if it takes to the last ride of the season :lol:
You're all a great bunch and feel like family! May God bless!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”