backpain problems. Anyone recognize??

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
kunstenrijkunst
Motorcycle: Not yet a wing..

backpain problems. Anyone recognize??

Postby kunstenrijkunst » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:48 am

Maybe, someone might have the same struggle as I do: I 've had two serieous operations (hernia) the last 10-12 years) and it seems that riding a bike (yes it does matter wich one) might cause (all?) the trouble. However, I'm wondering if riding a goldwing (wich I do not own yet..) might solve the problem; it's isn't shaking that much and I suppose, the ride will be a lot more quiet. I am correct? In that case, my next bike could be a wing. Than the question must be, wich one? GL1200, GL1500?
I hope some of you recognize this and can respond. I'm now riding a diversion 900. (good bike, but it's shakes a lot sometimes).

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Re: backpain problems. Anyone recognize??

Postby HALBUDD » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:00 pm

If you have not ridden a GW may I suggest try try and find someone near you that has one and see if they will let you take it for a ride. You will really be surprised on how smooth they ride and no shaking of all your body parts. Just try and remember to bring it back as you may want to just keep riding,it will put a big smile on your face. They are the most comfortable bikes I have ever rode and as far as your back put a back rest on it and you will feel like you are in your own lounge chair. I have two 1200 aspes and love them both. Good Luck Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Postby thrasherg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 pm

I have to second Halbudds suggestion of a back rest. When I first got my wing, I would get back ache after an hour riding (I have broken my back 3 times in 4 places :o !! So it is weak) after fitting a back rest I can easily ride for 4 hours+ without issue. If you have back issues (And it sounds like you do :) ) a back rest is a GREAT investment.

Gary

kunstenrijkunst

Postby kunstenrijkunst » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:53 pm

thrasherg wrote:I have to second Halbudds suggestion of a back rest. When I first got my wing, I would get back ache after an hour riding (I have broken my back 3 times in 4 places :o !! So it is weak) after fitting a back rest I can easily ride for 4 hours+ without issue. If you have back issues (And it sounds like you do :) ) a back rest is a GREAT investment.

Gary

Well
Thanks you all guys!
This is very helpfull. Indeed I haven't tried a ride, but I will do so.
This sounds hopefull and gives me the idea that I just found the right brand!
Thanks a lot.
Bart van Zweeden (Holland.)

Diesel Dan
Motorcycle: Big Bird is an 09 Yellow Air Bag

Postby Diesel Dan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 am

Without knowing your physical condition/weight you might want to do some stretching before riding. Side to side, trunk twisters, toe touches, etc. Doing some sit-ups each day will help strengthen your core area and back.
If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. BF

tbear
Motorcycle: 1999 honda goldwing se

Postby tbear » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

;) this is "tbear" that use to own "Harleys" all his life. Now I own a 1500 Goldwing (1999).
I have a bad hip and bad shoulder. I rode a friends Goldwing (we traded for the day) for a 4 hour trip and came back with no problems and I have been riding a "wing" ever since. I lost some good ole harley boys, but atleast I can still ride my two wheelers all day long. I don't care for the quiet mufflers but I get use too them more ever year I drive the bike. Me and the wife can hear the music better going down the old country highways.The wiffee loves the rear seat better than any Harley that I owned, also. That's meaning the ride also........by the way; I'm 61 years old..

Mikeabutler
Motorcycle: 2002 hands goldwing gl 1800

Postby Mikeabutler » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Back rest works the best, my problem that I have is that my butt hurts after ridding my 1800 over periods of time, has anyone had any luck with the gel pad.

Diesel Dan
Motorcycle: Big Bird is an 09 Yellow Air Bag

Postby Diesel Dan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 pm

The $20 or so waffle type pad from Wal Mart seems to be an inexpensive solutioon by many GW riders.
If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. BF

actionpack
Motorcycle: 1985 gl1200a

Postby actionpack » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 pm

i have tryed to make my wing right , so i could do the ride , don't mean to ruin your dreams of having a good ride , on a wing if ya buy 1 , my back and hips and legs give me all kinds of grief , my riseing days maybe over , i;m giving another try as soon as the weather breaks , but like alot of people out there , the ride maybe over , hope you can make it right and still climb aboard bro

kunstenrijkunst

Postby kunstenrijkunst » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks guys
For all the posting. I've tried a GL1200 Asp. today. Yes it feeled a lot different. of course. However this was wasn't the one I was looking for. The bike was actually a bit to old I suppose.., lot's of rost on/in the exhaust, and it seemed that his bike as not tuned very well. (It shaked a lot . it sounds not smoothy (sorry for my bad English..), I didn't expect! ) and the ride wasn't that good, as I expected. Anyway, there is a lot more on the market. Mayby a GL 1500 wil feel a lot more better. The seating was great anyway. The search continues.

GrZZ>
Bart.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”