Cee Bailey windshields

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Jeff Lambert
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500SE

Cee Bailey windshields

Postby Jeff Lambert » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:55 am

Has anyone purchased a Cee Bailey windshield, the one that's 4" taller than the Honda OEM? I'm thinking of purchasing a new windshield and have looked at the Tulsa but the Bailey seems like a better purchase. Any feedback? Thanks!

Wadcutter
Motorcycle: GL1500

Re: Cee Bailey windshields

Postby Wadcutter » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:38 pm

I had a +4" windshield, can't remember the make. Didn't like it when riding in the rain or at night, and particularly didn't like it at night in the rain. I couldn't see over it no matter how much I stretched even at the lowest setting. I'm 6'2". I like being able to see over the top.
Last fall I bought a CeeBailey stock height. I love it. The first I noticed when unpacking it was it seems a bit thicker than stock and rigid. The next thing was how clear it is. It's about 2" wider than OEM. At my height if I were to replace it I might go with a +1", maybe a +2". Any replacement will still be a CeeBailey.
Good quality material and workmanship.

Jeff Lambert
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500SE

Postby Jeff Lambert » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I adjusted the OEM windshield that came on the bike and it works better. But a little wider and newer would be better. It has quite a few scratches that aren't coming out and I would like it a little wider. I'm also wondering if a little taller, like 2", would help reduce the wind for my passenger.

Wadcutter
Motorcycle: GL1500

Postby Wadcutter » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm hoping for some good riding days with the Mrs so we can test the CB 2 up. So far this year when the Mrs has been along on back it's been really windy where we've ridden in some really strong side winds. She said she noticed the wind quite a bit but then so did I. We were out once where the wind wasn't too bad and she said she didn't see much difference between the CB OEM height and the old +4". I don't notice much difference. I think I might get just slightly more breeze on top of my head but I notice less on my arms.
We just haven't gotten that much time 2 up yet to give it a full test as to how much wind she gets.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”