Dealership bought me new shoes today

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
comanche
Motorcycle: 2006 GL 1800P triked

Dealership bought me new shoes today

Postby comanche » Fri May 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Wednesday, I had my bike in for the 32,000 mile service. After having surgery yesterday I took the trike with friends to Waco today. It's a ride of about 60 miles. Halfway I stood on my floor boards to stretch and almost fell off the right floorboard. It was full of oil. Show was my right shoe. Rode the rest of the way and ate great gumbo at Buzzard Billy's. Called the dealership to tell them of the problem and initially I thought the dipstick was not tight and oil got out through that. Dipstick was really tight and I had only lost about a half-quart. Dealership offered to come get me, but I rode it badk and immediately the service manager asked me what I paid for my shoes. He gave me a $75.00 store credit and found a pair of sneaks that fit me.

What had happened to the bike is the wrencher did not have the valve cover gasket completely inserted and out came the oil. I did that once to the other side with a different pair of shoes and then had no one to blame, but myself. This time, the dealership fixed it spending almost three hours fixing it and test driving then checking it again with more test driving and finally two separate details with a special washing hose to insure all the oil was removed.

They even filled up the gas tank twice. I guess they value the Letzer's business as I spent over $560 for the service and my son has bought new pipes and a anti tardition unit for his M-109 as well this week.

When one of us show up there they know the other will soon come in as well.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Dealership bought me new shoes today

Postby WingAdmin » Sat May 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Good to hear they made it right for you - I know of a couple places I've been that wouldn't have bothered.

jinx
Motorcycle: 2006 gl1800

Postby jinx » Thu May 12, 2011 4:27 pm

My dealer bought me new shoes for my wing. My dealer has a one year unlimited warranty on tires. After 17000 miles in 9 months
the front tire was down to the wear bar and the back had two plugs and a patch in it. So the new tires were free under the
warranty. This is the second time he has bought me new tires.

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Yikes!! What brand were they?? Did he replace them with the same brand?

jinx
Motorcycle: 2006 gl1800

Postby jinx » Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Dunlop E3 and yes same brand. if you want a different brand you pay the difference.

Fritz The Cat
Motorcycle: 1994 GL 1500 Interstate

Postby Fritz The Cat » Fri May 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Wow, wish I had a local dealer like that. The one here would deny all wrongdoing and tell you it's your problem.

actionpack
Motorcycle: 1985 gl1200a

Postby actionpack » Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Fritz The Cat wrote:Wow, wish I had a local dealer like that. The one here would deny all wrongdoing and tell you it's your problem.

sounds about right

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Sat May 14, 2011 8:22 am

Wow, it is like stepping into a fairy tale here. New shoes for rider and new shoes for bike????? My dealer here is pretty good to me, and discounts pretty much anything I buy to barely above cost, but now replacement stuff would be a different matter, methinks. I will not complain, because that would be whining on my part, cause they really do treat me better than I expect, every time I go in.. I ain't used to that, because previous brand dealerships did not treat me like this. It is making me happier about buying this Goldwing, I will tell you. I just went in and bought a new leather jacket, and they cut the price about in half. I cannot see where they made anything, but I am happy. My previous brand dealers of both autos and motorcycles only wanted to see the color of my money, lol.

Viking

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “Goldwing Chat”