Phaze One

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
GreenDragon
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 GoldWing

Phaze One

Postby GreenDragon » Thu May 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Does or has anybody used the "PHAZE ONE" cleaning, polishing and protecting products. Saw them at the Indiana Spring Warm up in Greensburg last week. Looked like a very nice product, but no one I know has used any of them. The wheel treatment is my main interest, but any of the products would be nice to hear about.
Thanks in advance!!

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

2008retiredplb
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 now a 2016 HTS1800 RoadSmith Trike
2001 GL1800
1998 1100 Honda Shadow ACE
1972 Honda CL450

Re: Phaze One

Postby 2008retiredplb » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 am

If you are talking about the Cycle Armor- Aluminum Polish, Cycle Armor- Aluminum Guard and Cycle Armor- Aluminum Restore.
I have used it for at least one year and it is great stuff. It takes about 30 to 60 minutes to do each wheel the first time. Then if you wipe the wheels down right after a ride (to remove the brake dust and moisture) with lemon pledge polish, it will last longer. Then each use after the initial treatment will take much less time and make them shine more.
I have tried other products like Flitz and Mothers, but none have done the job as quickly as Cycle Armor.
You do have to follow the directions, especially the Aluminum Restore step. But if your wheels are not extremely dirty, you might not need to even do that step. I have tried using a Mothers Ball polisher and it does work, but I think just using a clean terry-cloth towel works best. The first time you might need to use some fine Scotch Bright pads (the plastic scratch type). Do not use steel wool pads. Or you can use extremely fine wet sand paper (600 or finer grit), the finer the better, before using the Cycle Armor Polish.
I have used only about a half container of each, the Aluminum Polish and the Aluminum Guard polishing two GL1800 wing wheels in over one year. So it doesn't take a lot to get them shining.
The wheels are the hardest thing to keep looking bright and shinny, but Cycle Armor will make it look almost like chrome after using it a few times.
I have not used any of their other products.
I just wish the stuff was a little cheaper.
"Love to ride and ride to love"

GreenDragon
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 GoldWing

Postby GreenDragon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks for all the input!! I appreciate it.
Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:24 pm

I stick with what I know works. Turtle wax. It has carnuba and THATS what you want for painted parts.

2008retiredplb
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 now a 2016 HTS1800 RoadSmith Trike
2001 GL1800
1998 1100 Honda Shadow ACE
1972 Honda CL450

Postby 2008retiredplb » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 pm

vtxcandyred wrote:I stick with what I know works. Turtle wax. It has carnuba and THATS what you want for painted parts.

I think if you read GreenDragon's post it mainly was talking about wheel polish. Unless you have the wheels powder coated they are Aluminum alloy not paint.
As for using carnuba wax, I find that Glare polish works better and lasts longer than any wax. I polish my bike once or twice a year with the Glare polish, then just touch it up once and a while.
The sun will deteriorate wax , but Glare is not wax so it lasts longer.

"Love to ride and ride to love"

Return to “Goldwing Chat”