75,000 mile check up

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
GreenDragon
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 GoldWing

75,000 mile check up

Postby GreenDragon » Thu May 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Can't ride for the day, Wing is getting a front fork rebuild, Progressive springs, coolant system clean and flush, trans/clutch check up and fluid, rear drive same thing, new steering head bearings, etc. Next month new rear Progressive shock and spring and new air filter. Then, hopefully, if the cash holds out, new powder coated wheels, new tires and Dynabeads.
What the heck it is only money!! :(

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Re: 75,000 mile check up

Postby dingdong » Fri May 27, 2011 8:24 am

Not to worry, tomorrow will be here soon. Curious about the new steering head bearings. What's the reason for replacement?
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

GreenDragon

Postby GreenDragon » Fri May 27, 2011 8:46 am

Wear and tear. The old ones are the original, which over time wear and loosen allowing play. New better bearings put it back to like new only better.
Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

GreenDragon

Postby GreenDragon » Sat May 28, 2011 9:21 pm

All done yesterday afternoon. Ride is greatly improved and the engine purred like a kitten. New plugs seemed to help. Steering head bearings were not in the best of shape. A little rust showing is not a good thing. Bike seems a lot more solid now. Can't wait for the rear to be done with a new Progressive shock and spring. Brakes are tight, like new!

Sally
Motorcycle: 02 goldwing

Postby Sally » Sun May 29, 2011 7:27 am

Well I'm cheap.So last winter I took my time and did my service myself.All new brakes front and back,both tires with dyna beads and filled with nitogin.all new brake fuilds and clucth fuild,installed new plugs and even powder coated my own wheels they look great and clean so much easier.Changed my air filter didn't want to but after hearing how much it was to do this at different dealers I figured what the heck I'll give it a try.In two and half hours I was done and that was my first.Not as bad as they say..Changed coolant also..I really noticed a differents in my bike smooth,quick just like it was new again.Hell I impressed myself...Okay enough lets go ride... Sally

GreenDragon

Postby GreenDragon » Mon May 30, 2011 6:27 am

If I had the time and didn't want to ride during my free time, I would try more things, but time is of the essence and riding has priority, so I pay to have a lot of things done on the Wing. Glad you are capable of doing all those things yourself.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”