Just an update.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
starfleetengineer
Motorcycle: 1979 Yamaha 650 Special
1978 CB750
1980 Yamaha 650 Special
1983 Honda V65 Magna 1100c
1984 GL1200I Interstate

Just an update.

Postby starfleetengineer » Tue May 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Since I haven't been around for awhile, I thought I'd fill you all in with what has been happening. I am back to work full time now, but don't have all my strenght back. Infact it might be a little worse. About 3 weeks ago I started having tremors in my arms and my speach has gone south. I can have all the words I want to say, but they now come out slow, studered or slerd. The words are there, but it takes some effort to get them out of my mouth :x I am also sitting in the middle of a teter totter. I can go one way and just chill in a corrner, or go the other way and bite your head off. Not a good thing :oops: I have not given up riding yet, I still feel safe riding the old girl, thow she is giving me fits again. Plus the fact the guy I bought the engine from on EBay gave me extra warenty, but he won't answer me back. She now has lower end noise at start up. He said he works on wings all the time and it's normal for them. I knew he was lieing, but like an idiot :oops: I went along with it. Right now shes back to burning to much fuel again. 24 to 30 miles in town riding with 2 of us one the bike and she used 1/4 tank of gas :shock: I'm ready to just try and find another set of carbs and see what happens ;) She's got screaming power going down the road, but I hate the fuel mileage :cry: I have to go to I.U.med ctr. in carmal on the 21st, but I don't trust her to ride her down and back. Almost wish I had kept my 83 V65 Magna. :roll: The nice thing is, I don't have that much total money into her :)
Thought I would fill you all in. Have a save and fun riding season. And remember, it's not about the destination. It's about the journey :D

How many times do I have to tell ya,,, The right tool for the right job!

Steve F
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe' (sold :>( )
'03 GL1800

Re: Just an update.

Postby Steve F » Tue May 31, 2011 9:30 pm

geez.....hang in there, man. I certainly hope they get it all sorted out and you're feeling normal again soon. Ride safe
Steve F
"To ride is the reason, the destination the excuse."

Pam
Motorcycle: 1982 Kawazaki KZ 1100 1983 Yamaha Venture Royal (sold and miss it) 2006 Goldwing GL1800 1992 Yamaha Virago

Postby Pam » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 am

Hang in ther Buddy two wheel therapy is the best kind. Be safe

frank

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 am

Keep slugging...let us know how you make out.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:17 pm

I can't imagine what you must be going through, I feel bad that you aren't the perfect guy you once were, I think sometimes we all take things for granted and never realize how bad things can really get until it actually happens to us directly.. I feel that all of us guy's here are all one big family of guys that care about each other, Starfleetengineer, we haven't forgotten you man, hang in there and take one day at a time... A friend of mine just took his son skydiving, If you could see this guy, you wouldn't believe it, big big beer belly he has, when I heard of this, I had to laugh, I got another visual and it was funny.. :lol: :lol:

starfleetengineer
Motorcycle: 1979 Yamaha 650 Special
1978 CB750
1980 Yamaha 650 Special
1983 Honda V65 Magna 1100c
1984 GL1200I Interstate

Postby starfleetengineer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks all :D
Little Beaver, your right. Till it happens to any person, they just don't know how it feels or how they will react to the changes :( My wife deals with me everyday and I know she looses sleep over it. I did have a doc. appt. today and he said my blood count is about back to normal :o I just don't know what to expect when I go down to I.U. It's very frustrating and aggravating to have the words you want to say not come out like they once did, or repeat words 2-3 times in one sentance. I used to look at those people and feel sorry for them, now that it has happened to me.... I'm not sure what to feel anymore :? I sometimes look at people and wounder if they think I'm an idiot :!: The hardest part of the hole thing would be, is now I have to relye on others to help me now. I always droped what I was doing to help others, now I have to have them help me. It will take awhile but I will over come this. I look at it as it's the price we pay to get older. We're not the spring chickens we once were :lol:

If any of you do any parts buying on EBay I would give you a warning about "cycledeals4less10" I bought an 86 gl1200 engine from him to put in my 84 gl1200. Paid $450.00 total. Since I live in Indiana and bought it in Feb he gave me extra warenty. I emailed him and he told me to call him. I told him at start up it knocks for about 1-2 sec's, "main bearings" He said he works on them all the time and the nose is normal. " sounds like bull to me" be he gave me 2000 extra miles and till July. Now I can hear the rods knocking at 20-25 mph @2,100 -2,500 rpm's. I have emailed him called him and no answer!!!!!!! :shock: So tonight I called my bank and told them what is going on. They were happy to reverse the charges :D I told him he has till friday to contact me or I would have the charges reversed. I will contact EBay and PayPal and let them know what is going on so they have a heads up. Just means if I have to send the engine back, I'm done riding for awhile. I want to try and put the 84 engine back together and try it since I found the stater rotor was flopping in the breeze. The nut striped off but didn't hurt the stater shaft threads. I have to stop down to the Honda shop and see if I can still even get the nut and washer. My pdf file says discontinued :roll: I'd rather put in a good engine then put this one back in to find it's still got something wrong. But an engine is out of the budget this year :cry: So I'll ride her till I find out what I have to do :) If she blows... she blows. It's just about a paper weight now the way it is. Maybe I'll win the loto and all my worries are over :o ;)
Hopefuly I get to meet some of you some day and thank you in person!!!!! And maybe go on a ride. If your going to be in the Elkhart area, send me a message and we'll hook up.
Again, thanks all I really apreciate it :D
Rick

How many times do I have to tell ya,,, The right tool for the right job!

Return to “Goldwing Chat”