Neophyt hails from SE Michigan

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Fred Camper
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000, 1976 LTD GL1000

Neophyt hails from SE Michigan

Postby Fred Camper » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Perhaps an introduction is in order. As of August 2009 I re-entered the freedom of Motorcycling after 13 years of family dedication. Family still comes ahead of Motorcycling yet time can now be allocated to wrench and ride. I really like to work on my bike, and the majority of money spent goes to satisfy my wrenching desires, so the resultant bike is essentially free.

My last bike was a 1982 GPz 550, but I new for two up riding more torque was nice, and I was amazed to see what little coin vintage GL's sell for in near running condition. Of course the bike I wanted to buy was a full runner and too pretty to paint. So the former owner was willing to change out all the body panels for tattered ones. He sold the good stuff to someone who appreciated it, and the reverse makeover remains to me. Since then I have rebuild fork's, replaced shocks, regulated with MOSFET, replaced exhaust, added relays and a modulator to the headlight, painted bike and wheels and added a side stand idiot light. Bike runs great an works out very well for my girlfriend (wife of 20 years) and me. Appreciate all the information here and over at NGW Club. I do consider myself a proud member of the NGW Cartel and the Classic Wing Club.

This year I plan to travel the the Gilmore (Hickory Grove) Vintage Bike Show on June 12, Wing Ding 33 in ;uly, and the MidOhio Vintage Event later in July. Perhaps I will see you this summer?

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Neophyt hails from SE Michigan

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:38 pm

I love the red stripes on the side cover(s)!

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Postby RoadRogue » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:00 am

Black,red and chrome. you just cant go wrong withthat combo.............. 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

vtxcandyred
Motorcycle: 1993 Honda Goldwing SE

Postby vtxcandyred » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Welcome from north west Ohio. I live right across the lake from you. I can walk to the end of my street and see the cooling towers at Fermi, and I work at the other mistake on the lake at Davis-Besse nucler power plant. I plan on going to the wing ding too I'm just not sure yet. The wife has surgery the first part on July so my options may be limited at best. I like the colors too. I have a penchant for red. This is a partial shot of my 02 VTX.

Fred Camper
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000, 1976 LTD GL1000

Postby Fred Camper » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 pm

vtxcandyred wrote:[color=#FF0000]Welcome from north west Ohio. I live right across the lake from you. I can walk to the end of my street and see the cooling towers at Fermi, and I work at the other mistake on the lake at Davis-Besse nucler power plant. I plan on going to the wing ding too I'm just not sure yet. The wife has surgery the first part on July so my options may be limited at best. I like the colors too. I have a penchant for red.

Nice bit of Candy Red there.

Here are a couple more of mine;

macka
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100I

Postby macka » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:38 am

Fred,

Definately a nice ride. I really like the rims. It works well on them.

Gord

Return to “Goldwing Chat”