Trikes allowed?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
alyle123
Motorcycle: 1990 SE1500 Goldwing

Trikes allowed?

Postby alyle123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:03 pm

I am new to Goldwings so am trying to get into the swing of things. Not many trikes here in Fort Scott, Kansas. I just purchased a '90 Goldwing SE with Trikes Unlimited conversion on it. Been getting used to its handling vs. the Suzuki Cavalcade I did have. It seems to ride more roughly, but I am getting used to that, also. I've adjusted the rear air shocks and that did help. Also, I'm learning to take a little weight on my legs if I'm crossing tracks or see a rough spot coming. Anyway, I enjoy the forum and will look forward to finding articles about the trike world.

Lyle

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: Trikes allowed?

Postby trike lady » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. :D
I don't mind talking trikes with people.
Your trike has a straight axle which tends to ride rough, if it had an independent suspension it would have a more 'Plush' ride.
What is the tire pressure in the rear, too much air makes for a hard ride.
I visited the website for Trikes Unlimited Conversions and they resemble the Triwing unit.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

alyle123
Motorcycle: 1990 SE1500 Goldwing

Postby alyle123 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for the response. I knew it was a straight axle when I bought it...I just didn't realize it would ride so stiffly. The tires have 30 lb. of air in them which is probably low enough. As I said, I'm getting used to it and I pretty much know what streets to avoid. One might question why I didn't know it rode that way before I bought it. I bought it on e-bay. It was in California and I am in Kansas. I was a little nervous throughout the entire process, but it all worked out well in the end.

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Postby trike lady » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Well, you can actually take the rear tire pressure down a little bit more; may I suggest 28psi.
This would help soften the ride too.

I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

Return to “Goldwing Chat”