Mechanic needed in Phoenix, AZ for my ole Wing

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
GrumpyGrizzly
Motorcycle: 82 Aspencade
76 GL 1000
78 GL 1000
85 Honda Interceptors x2
68 and 69 Honda Trail 90's
86 Rebel 250 <- Momma's scooter

Mechanic needed in Phoenix, AZ for my ole Wing

Postby GrumpyGrizzly » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:55 pm

Trying to get the clutch replaced on my 78 GL1000.

I've been trying to find someone to work on my 78 GW and got referred to D & D over on McClintock. I've been there a time or two so I gave them a call. The guy says "Yep, we can do it, 8 hours labor plus parts!" I told him that sounded kind of steep so he said he'd look it up. Waited a minute while pages turned and then he came back to say he couldn't find the time it takes for replacing a clutch on a 78 GL. Where the heck did the 8 hours come from then?? And at $75 an hour, I don't really care to get a ball park figure.

Does anyone know of a competent mechanic in the Phoenix, AZ area I can take this bike to so I can get the clutch worked on?

I'm living in my RV with limited tools or I'd do it myself. My RV park neighbor has a buddy that's going to MMI that just finished the GW section but, his instructor wouldn't let him bring it in.

I've got the instructions for doing it in three hours, just don't want to sit out in this lovely Spring like weather this time of year to make the repairs.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If you're interested, I'll even help out. I'll pay cash, whatever it takes. I wanna RIDE!!

waldburger56
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate
1982 H.D. FLH
1970 H.D. Hardtail

Re: Mechanic needed in Phoenix, AZ for my ole Wing

Postby waldburger56 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:05 am

Can your neighbor's buddy do the job for you at your place with your tools? Since he has finished the GW portion of his course he might be able to do that for you in the 3-4 hour time frame. Just a thought!

GrumpyGrizzly
Motorcycle: 82 Aspencade
76 GL 1000
78 GL 1000
85 Honda Interceptors x2
68 and 69 Honda Trail 90's
86 Rebel 250 <- Momma's scooter

Re: Mechanic needed in Phoenix, AZ for my ole Wing

Postby GrumpyGrizzly » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:36 am

I've pretty much all but given up on him. I think I've found a savior at Logans Valley on W. Main St. He said he'd do it and gave me a pretty decent initial quote. He's supposed to give me a call today confirming the estimate.

I definitely wanted the other guy to take a shot at it, being a student I'm sure he could have used the money but, I've been chasing this with no result since the last 3 day weekend we had and haven't been able to ride it since.

You can only let a ride like that sit for so long..

Return to “Goldwing Chat”