Two weeks on the road......

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Two weeks on the road......

Postby RoadRogue » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:44 am

I just got back from my annual ride with my brother.We ride down together to see our father for a few days each year on Fathers day. So whats the big deal you ask? Alot of people do that sort of thing. Well the three of us live a couple thousand kilometers apart.I live in south central BC,my brother lives near Edmonton Alberta and Dad lives on Vancouver Island. I started out studying the map and decided on a route that I havnt been on yet just to get to my brothers place so we could start the trip together. The direct route to his place is about 900km from my home. By the time I got to his home I had traveled a little over 1700km. I was not in a hurry to get where I was going.
This was the tone for the whole trip,never the most direct route,aleays the one that offered the best scenery or the road either one of us hasnt traveled on the bikes yet. I wont go into all the details but It was a great two weeks on the road visiting family in a couple of different cities,four of those days we didnt ride at all.At the end of it all I had traveled 7887km or 4900 miles. I didnt have a single problem with the bike on the whole trip. Not bad at all for a 29 year old bike and a much older rider.

Here is a pic of the map of the trip

Ride Safe,Todd

Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 Goldwing

Re: Two weeks on the road......

Postby lstrock » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:44 am

Now that is the way to do a road trip. How wonderful for you.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”