Leg up-Landing gear

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Leg up-Landing gear

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:31 pm

I drove my first trike this past sat. The bike was a Harley Classic with a Voyager kit.It sure handels different, more like a 4-wheeler.Not sure if I could get use to it.The driver says when you come to a curve that says 40MPH, you better do 40MPH.
I have been looking at those extra wheels that Landing Gear sells which deploy at very slow speeds and wonder if any one out there have tried there products.
The reason I'm interested is at age 72 and wife will not get on my bike any more because I dumped it twice last season. So far this season I have rode alone, which is no fun. Not sure which way to go, Voyager or Landing Gear.

WA9FWT Phil

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Re: Leg up-Landing gear

Postby trike lady » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:48 pm

I have a Voyager and wouldn't trade it for anything else. The key to a good handling Voyager like a regular trike is in the installation. I've had my Voyager on my 1993 GL1500A since 2006. You may also want to look into a Trigg Trike, it is made differently than a Voyager. If you do go with a Voyager get the model with the shocks do not buy the rubber 'O' ring suspension, too many people have them and don't like them.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 pm

trike lady wrote:I have a Voyager and wouldn't trade it for anything else. The key to a good handling Voyager like a regular trike is in the installation. I've had my Voyager on my 1993 GL1500A since 2006. You may also want to look into a Trigg Trike, it is made differently than a Voyager. If you do go with a Voyager get the model with the shocks do not buy the rubber 'O' ring suspension, too many people have them and don't like them.

Trike Lady, I want to thank you for the infomative information. I will look into your suggestions. I have seen your posts on other sites helping others. I remember reading that you are in some kind of schooling, and still find time to help many. Thanks again....WA9FWT Phil

trike lady

Postby trike lady » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 pm

WA9FWT wrote:
trike lady wrote:I have a Voyager and wouldn't trade it for anything else. The key to a good handling Voyager like a regular trike is in the installation. I've had my Voyager on my 1993 GL1500A since 2006. You may also want to look into a Trigg Trike, it is made differently than a Voyager. If you do go with a Voyager get the model with the shocks do not buy the rubber 'O' ring suspension, too many people have them and don't like them.

Trike Lady, I want to thank you for the infomative information. I will look into your suggestions. I have seen your posts on other sites helping others. I remember reading that you are in some kind of schooling, and still find time to help many. Thanks again....WA9FWT Phil

I'm wrapping up nine months at Wyotech for Harley and I graduate on 7-25-11. The idea of learning HD was because of the complaints about their trike and to modify the trikes with after-market upgrades. I enjoy helping others and I manage to squeeze forum time in and share info.

racing chevy 67
Motorcycle: 1989 Goldwing
2004 honda aero ,shadow

Postby racing chevy 67 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Lady trike ,,,I had a voyager kit installed on my 1500 in 2006 by a Voyager dealer in Florida ..When I first rode the wing ,,,I said OMG ,I have mess up ...I did not like it ...After riding it for about 200 miles and getting use to it ,I love it ..
The video and instructions tell you to ride it for awhile in a parking lot and get use to it first ..I did not do that ,I just took off ..I think the instructions were right,get use to the feel ..The kit is great, but it needs to be installed per instructions or by a dealer and have the pre load set right ....The kit is safe and fun to use ,I can go into cuvers with no problems and no probles on the interstate when the big trucks pass you .. I like being able to turn off the hard road onto a sand road with out slowing down or worring about dropping it ..

Also ,,on my kit ,,I did the up grade to 14 in. tires and mag wheels ,,plus the stone guards and extra tail lights on the rear fenders ..

trike lady

Postby trike lady » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 pm

It does take a while for most people to get used to the units and most feel the same as you did in the beginning.
I've had mine since November 2005. The best part about the Voyager is that it doesn't ruin the resale value of the bike or mess with the warranty.
I have one of their second generation units and I've replaced the bearing receivers (rollers), not bad for something that's ten years old.
It's a good product and just like a regular trike it is all in the installation.
racing chevy 67 post a pic of your Wing if you can.

racing chevy 67
2004 honda aero ,shadow

Postby racing chevy 67 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:31 pm

I just joined this site today,,,do not know how to post a picture ,,,sorry ..

trike lady

Postby trike lady » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:52 pm

racing chevy 67 wrote:I just joined this site today,,,do not know how to post a picture ,,,sorry ..

Welcome to the forum, glad you became a member.

racing chevy 67
2004 honda aero ,shadow

Postby racing chevy 67 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 pm

trike lady wrote:
racing chevy 67 wrote:I just joined this site today,,,do not know how to post a picture ,,,sorry ..

Welcome to the forum, glad you became a member.

thanks ,,trike lady

Tlc1244
Motorcycle: 2012 Honda GoldWing Nav/ABS

Postby Tlc1244 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Im New to the Goldwing World Just bought a Blue 2012 Goldwing Nav/abs and I just ordered my Leg Up Landing gear It should Arrive this week.
I will let you know my experience.
Im so in love with the Goldwing Rides like a dream.

WA9FWT
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Wed May 30, 2012 10:06 am

Tlc1244 wrote:Im New to the Goldwing World Just bought a Blue 2012 Goldwing Nav/abs and I just ordered my Leg Up Landing gear It should Arrive this week.
I will let you know my experience.
Im so in love with the Goldwing Rides like a dream.

Congratulations on the new ride,and wecome to this great site. At one point I had to make the decision to go
with the Leg Up or a kit with wheels employed all the time. I chose the " Tow Pac 12" Insta Trike Kit.
That was my choice after reading all about the Leg Up Landing Gear from others.

Keep us posted on how it is working out for you.. WA9FWT Phil

Return to “Goldwing Chat”