Headlight modulator

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
propstop
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

Headlight modulator

Postby propstop » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Installed a headlite and a brake modulator on my 83 goldwing a couple of months ago and I truly believe they make a difference. Started smelling burnt wiring a couple of days ago and then my hibeam went out While replacing the bulb I discovered my fried modulator. Put in a call to the company, asked Phil if my modulator was warranted and through our discussion ascertained that my voltage regulator was spiking some high voltage. This is not a covered incident, but Phil is sending me a replacement at no charge and gave me some good free advice. He said this is a common problem with older bikes but the only way to see the spike is with the use of an osciloscope. This is the kind of company that deserves our business and support. Here is the link to check out headlight modulators:

http://www.headlightmodulator.com/

Thanks Phil

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Headlight modulator

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Interesting. I know the Goldwing power generation is not the cleanest (far from it) but I have never seen large spikes on it - even when I had my oscilliscope on it, trying to track down audio noise - nothing outside of extremely short transients, and nothing that I would expect could smoke a modulator. That said, if your regulator is not working properly, I suppose it's possible.

Good to hear that Phil is standing behind his product and offering great customer service. It's not the modulator that I put on my bike, but I do agree that I think they make a difference in being seen.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”