People run red lights


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 17050
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

People run red lights

Postby WingAdmin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:49 am



Always look when you get to an intersection...even if it's green!






User avatar
MSGT-R
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:19 am
Location: Utah
Motorcycle: 13 F6B
81 GL1100 (gone)

Re: People run red lights

Postby MSGT-R » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:10 pm

Other than the 1%'ers that are cocky young gang bangers who do it on purpose, the rest of the 99% just aren't paying attention! :evil: Most people out there don't look any further than about 40 feet in front of the car w/o counting the distractions of cell phones / PDAs / GPS and other electronic distractions.

And you thought that chicks putting on make up were dangerous (?)
Don't spook the road sheep.

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 17050
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: People run red lights

Postby WingAdmin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:53 pm

I don't know if it's just me, but my motorcycle "approaching intersection and looking both ways even though I have a green light" paranoia filters over to even when I'm driving my big SUV. I don't want to be hit, and I've watched people zip right through red lights before. Hell, I've even done it myself once or twice in my life, when I was distracted and not paying attention, and didn't even see the stoplight in the first place. Scary.

User avatar
guitarlos
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:45 am
Location: Speedway IN
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100

Re: People run red lights

Postby guitarlos » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Im at the point where I expect it all the time anymore. I always try my best to anticipate and give enough room for the assclowns to be themselves.

User avatar
maestro319
Posts: 507
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: West Chicago, IL
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Re: People run red lights

Postby maestro319 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:49 pm

Awwww man...what IDIOTS!!! I hope the guy on the bike in the last video survived. looked like a bad one.

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 1228
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2003 - GL1800A

Re: People run red lights

Postby MikeB » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:14 pm

I hope you don't mind but I lifted the code for the You Tube red light runners and put it on our Web Site Safety link http://www.gwrra-waa.org/safety.html. It will hopefully make people a little more aware of what can happen at an intersection, even if they are just sitting there at the light and minding their own business.
Last edited by MikeB on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB
Tacoma, WA, USA

User avatar
Five
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Walkertown, NC
Motorcycle: 1982 GL 1100 I
1987 CBR 600 Hurricane
1989 ZXR 750
1999 KTM 380 MXC

Re: People run red lights

Postby Five » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm

MikeB wrote:I hope you don't mind but I lifted the code for the You Tube red light runners and put it on our Web Site Safety link http://www.gwrra-waa.org/safety.html. It will hopefully make people a little more aware of what can happen at an intersection, even if they are just sitting there at the light and minding their own business.

Damn, that's big text...just because I own a Goldwing doesn't mean I'm that old... :lol:
Condition Black: Not in any particular state of mental readiness but still prepared and willing to kill everything in your general area without provocation.

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 17050
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: People run red lights

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 am

I don't mind at all...incidentally, the link you posted to the safety page doesn't work.




Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests