RV Travel with motorcycle


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
cpwomer
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am
Location: ellijay,GA
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500
Contact:

RV Travel with motorcycle

Postby cpwomer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:48 pm



How many of yall RV the country with your bikes so you can get to those really neat places your RV or camper can't go. We are home right now but the last trip out we were gone for a year and a half. Mostly between WI and FL. There is plenty of fishin between those two...


1988 GL1500 U.S Army, Ret. Owner/Operator,Ride Captain Patriot Guard Rider of GA, Director American Legion Riders Post 149 Jasper, GA

User avatar
twostrokes48
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: San Antonio,TX
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Re: RV Travel with motorcycle

Postby twostrokes48 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:34 pm

cpwomer wrote:How many of yall RV the country with your bikes so you can get to those really neat places your RV or camper can't go. We are home right now but the last trip out we were gone for a year and a half. Mostly between WI and FL. There is plenty of fishin between those two...
RVBikin.JPG


Unfortunately I had to choose between a wing or an RV...I can ride the twisties on a bike, but not in an RV....so, no need for the RV...

User avatar
thrasherg
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
Location: Plano, TX
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: RV Travel with motorcycle

Postby thrasherg » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:58 pm

When we RV, we take our 2 road bikes and 4 dirt bikes with us (My wife, 2 daughters (11 & 13) and myself) that way we can go sight seeing on the road bikes or tear up some dirt if we find any!!2 years ago we took 4 weeks vacation and visited the east side of the USA, had a great time and loved sight seeing on the bikes.. Still love traveling in the RV, so stress free.. We have a 41 ft RV and a 16ft enclosed trailer for the bikes.

Gary

User avatar
twostrokes48
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: San Antonio,TX
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Re: RV Travel with motorcycle

Postby twostrokes48 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 am

I didn't really consider this an RV, but I guess it is since we sleep in it when we go to Rally's and trailer the bike. I find the aircon works best the faster i drive.
my little RV
my little RV

User avatar
thrasherg
Posts: 1837
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am
Location: Plano, TX
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Re: RV Travel with motorcycle

Postby thrasherg » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 am

twostrokes48 wrote:I didn't really consider this an RV, but I guess it is since we sleep in it when we go to Rally's and trailer the bike. I find the aircon works best the faster i drive.
recent from camera 196.jpg


Are you referring to the aircon on the bike or RV? It would seem to apply to both!! :D

Gary

User avatar
twostrokes48
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 pm
Location: San Antonio,TX
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Re: RV Travel with motorcycle

Postby twostrokes48 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 am

thrasherg wrote:
twostrokes48 wrote:I didn't really consider this an RV, but I guess it is since we sleep in it when we go to Rally's and trailer the bike. I find the aircon works best the faster i drive.
recent from camera 196.jpg


Are you referring to the aircon on the bike or RV? It would seem to apply to both!! :D

Gary


Yea, it does apply to both...the lack of doors on the Jeepney sort of eliminates any useable air conditioner.




Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GrapeshotCrawler [Crawler], MikeB, Yahoo Slurp [Bot] and 2 guests