New to site

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
metalman51
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500I Interstate

New to site

Postby metalman51 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:12 am

Hello everyone, I'm from upstate NY. I ride a '93 GL1500I.I hope everyone is enjoying the riding season, I unfortunately am not.
I needed back surgery at the end of June and haven't rode since. All I can do is tinker and polish.I see the Dr. tommorrow and with any luck, maybe. Anyway I'm looking forward to communicating with everyone. Thanks for the ear.

Jaymom
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200 Aspencade

Re: New to site

Postby Jaymom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

Metalman51....this is my first post as well and I'm looking forward to many more. I just recently bought a 1986 GL1200 Aspencade in somewhat decent shape. Needs a new front tire which I hope to have done this coming weekend. My brother Robert's entire family, 2 girls and one guy ride Harleys up there in Albany. Would love to get up there and see them next Summer. Beautiful country northern NY. I'm originally from Maine and I used to ride across NH and VT to get to Albany. I believe they called it the Mohawk Trail. Gorgeous scenery.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy life cause it goes by very fast.

http://www.members.cox.net/jaymom
Harold (Jaymom)

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm

metalman51 wrote:Hello everyone, I'm from upstate NY. I ride a '93 GL1500I.I hope everyone is enjoying the riding season, I unfortunately am not.
I needed back surgery at the end of June and haven't rode since. All I can do is tinker and polish.I see the Dr. tommorrow and with any luck, maybe. Anyway I'm looking forward to communicating with everyone. Thanks for the ear.

Sorry to here about your medical problem. I hope too the Dr says it woun't be long you can ride.
Also wecome to the site from Sheboygan WI
Now don't be shy to post on this board, lot of nice fellows read all and comment on every thing.
Send pictures of your ride if you can...

WA9FWT PHIL

WA9FWT
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade Now a Trike
1975 Cb750K sold

Postby WA9FWT » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Jaymom wrote:Metalman51....this is my first post as well and I'm looking forward to many more. I just recently bought a 1986 GL1200 Aspencade in somewhat decent shape. Needs a new front tire which I hope to have done this coming weekend. My brother Robert's entire family, 2 girls and one guy ride Harleys up there in Albany. Would love to get up there and see them next Summer. Beautiful country northern NY. I'm originally from Maine and I used to ride across NH and VT to get to Albany. I believe they called it the Mohawk Trail. Gorgeous scenery.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy life cause it goes by very fast.

http://www.members.cox.net/jaymom
Harold (Jaymom)

Welcome to the site Jaymom from sheboygan WI.
That would be a long ride from Fla to NY, hope some day we read that you did just that.

WA9FWt Phil

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:44 am

A big howdy from here in Texas. Sorry to hear about your back surgery. I went through that in 2001. Just don't do like I did and think everything is over. I was forced to quit riding, quit golfing, quit bowling and pretty much gave up whatever was left due to pain, prior to the surgery. After rehab time after the surgery, I was afraid to start doing anything a
gain and didn't do anything that I thought might reinjure my back. I did this for about 6 years...The Doc had told me the fusion would now be the strongest part of my back, but I didn't believe him. I should have. I lost 6 years of my life due to fear.

So when the doc says you are "good to go", then git on that bike and ride and do whatever else you enjoy. I'm back to long distance riding, cross country trips lasting weeks, back on the golf course, back in the bowling ally and enjoying life again. Having a short setback this summer from an accident, but almost back to normal now. Good Luck

mcasteel
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate

Postby mcasteel » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:40 am

Sorry to hear about your surgery metalman. Hope you have a quick recovery. Welcome to the site, I love this place, it has saved me time and $$ plus provides hours of entertainment as well!!
"I'm a single tail light in the wind"
"Keep the shiny side up"
"Pride is something you earn or achieve, not something you attain by accident of birth" - George Carlin

AMA / NRA / BSA

landisr
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
1994 GL1500A

Postby landisr » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:57 am

Welcome to all! Ron in MI

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”